cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: First CC Approved!! What in the world!??!?

How is this possible!! I've only been working on history since July with crappy FP!! Oh and btw that ish is gettin closed immediately!!! LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 71 of 101
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

lol. I dont blame you.

Message 72 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Ok so wait....now what do I do??? Lol. I shouldn't even have applied for cap1!!!

Should I just not activate it and just use my discover??? Or will cap1 report well on my CR. ?? Not sure what to do now. I know I'm closing my FP. I have my amazon now and my discover...maybe I should just get a Walmart card and get rid of the cap1. I haven't gotten it yet in the mail. If its not going to grow with me what's the point if I already have discover now???

Advice please!

U guys are so awesome! If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't have any of this stuff!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 73 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:
Ok so wait....now what do I do??? Lol. I shouldn't even have applied for cap1!!!

Should I just not activate it and just use my discover??? Or will cap1 report well on my CR. ?? Not sure what to do now. I know I'm closing my FP. I have my amazon now and my discover...maybe I should just get a Walmart card and get rid of the cap1. I haven't gotten it yet in the mail. If its not going to grow with me what's the point if I already have discover now???

Advice please!

U guys are so awesome! If it wasn't for this board I wouldn't have any of this stuff!

You already took the inqs for cap1, might as well activate it. 

Message 74 of 101
alboto
Regular Contributor

Congrats Sitori!!!! definitely activate Cap1 since you already took all the inqs.

Message 75 of 101
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yay! I knew you'd get approved.

For the CapOne card, you can just activate it and toss it in a drawer. It'll be an nice extra $1,000 to have on your Util, which will help.

I'd app for Walmart. That pulls TU usually so you don't have to worry about piling up too many more inquiries.

WTG!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 76 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Thanks!!

I don't understand how the whole util % thing works quite yet...not in depth anyway.  If I have my cap1 card and if I don't actually use it, what happens? They close it? Should I just use it occassionally but still PIF whenever I use it? Or should I carry a small balance?

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 77 of 101
alboto
Regular Contributor

I dont really think you should carry a balance on that card, just use it once in a while and PIF.

Message 78 of 101
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@alboto wrote:

I dont really think you should carry a balance on that card, just use it once in a while and PIF.

got it Smiley Happy

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 79 of 101
jsucool76
Super Contributor

carrying a balance means accuring interest. Utilization doesn't measure how much of your balance you carry, but rather how much of a balance is REPORTED. (IE: Your statement balances)

Message 80 of 101
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.