Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Mini App Spree!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Mini App Spree!!!

Starting my first app spree. When I became a member of MyFico which was on 6/12/15, I was without a car for about year. Last week I was approved for a loan and got my car!  I love it !   Now I am  applying for some credit cards. I currently have CreditOne Bank. That was my only CC before the app spree. Credit Limit is $300, opened since Jan. 2015. Called to get a CLI. Denied. They state my account is too new. Ugh!

I was in Old Nacy and I  applied for an Old Navy CC... $700 CL.  Today, I applied for a Walmart instore. Was approved for $1400. On the paper it said it was a "temporary increase".  I am sure it is going to decrease, but I don't  think anything under $1000.  I am pretty pleased with this. 

Just appleid for the Amazon Rewards Card..got the 30 day message. :/  Going to call them in a few to see what is up. 

I'd like to apply for a non store card...but I am not sure which one.  Any suggestions...My scores 630 EQ, 688, TU, 684 EX.   Both the EX and TU updated today. My EQ is always slow to update. 

I am kinda concerned my score is going to significantly decrease once my car loan and the other two cards report. :/

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: First Mini App Spree!!!

I suggest Discover It and then wait at least 6 months before applying for anything else. Be sure to cancel your Credit One account before the AF kicks in. They are going to charge you for a CLI and are considered to be low tier in the credit world. Congrats on your other cards.
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I am going to stop applying. I was just denied the Barclay. Tried to recon put my opened line of credit is to recent.
Message 3 of 23
trant3
Established Contributor

congrats, I would start with capital one, if not just garden for a while before applying

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One!

Message 5 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Starting my first app spree. When I became a member of MyFico which was on 6/12/15, I was without a car for about year. Last week I was approved for a loan and got my car!  I love it !   Now I am  applying for some credit cards. I currently have CreditOne Bank. That was my only CC before the app spree. Credit Limit is $300, opened since Jan. 2015. Called to get a CLI. Denied. They state my account is too new. Ugh!

I was in Old Nacy and I  applied for an Old Navy CC... $700 CL.  Today, I applied for a Walmart instore. Was approved for $1400. On the paper it said it was a "temporary increase".  I am sure it is going to decrease, but I don't  think anything under $1000.  I am pretty pleased with this. 

Just appleid for the Amazon Rewards Card..got the 30 day message. :/  Going to call them in a few to see what is up. 

I'd like to apply for a non store card...but I am not sure which one.  Any suggestions...My scores 630 EQ, 688, TU, 684 EX.   Both the EX and TU updated today. My EQ is always slow to update. 

I am kinda concerned my score is going to significantly decrease once my car loan and the other two cards report. :/

I suggest you stop applying for store cards

Try for a Capital One Platinum or Quicksilver, or a Barclay Rewards card.

If you get turned down for them, then stop applying for awhile.

If you get accepted for them, then stop applying for awhile.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I also agree - Capital One!

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Capital One.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 or discover!
Message 9 of 23
credgirl
Regular Contributor

Yes...Capital One! Got to the preapproval site first. I just got a Platinum SL$2000 and a Quicksilver SL$1000. Your scores are better than mine.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.