Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank of Omaha Amex

The wife received an "invitation to accept her new card" promotion in the mail from First National Bank of Omaha. It pretty much comes right out and says, "Your FNBO Amex is waiting..."  and "Your FNBO Amex card is available on request..." So I told her, what the heck, give it a try. She apped, and got a weird 14-21 day message, not an instant approval as I would have expected. But today she received an email:

"We have reviewed and approved your application.

Congratulations on becoming a Cardmember. Your card should arrive in your mailbox within 7 to 10 business days.

Cards are issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha."

No CL, no APR, nothing. So, is there a number she can call to get her CL and APR? Also, does this get her in with Amex or just FNBO?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First National Bank of Omaha Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

The wife received an "invitation to accept her new card" promotion in the mail from First National Bank of Omaha. It pretty much comes right out and says, "Your FNBO Amex is waiting..."  and "Your FNBO Amex card is available on request..." So I told her, what the heck, give it a try. She apped, and got a weird 14-21 day message, not an instant approval as I would have expected. But today she received an email:

"We have reviewed and approved your application.

Congratulations on becoming a Cardmember. Your card should arrive in your mailbox within 7 to 10 business days.

Cards are issued by First Bankcard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha."

No CL, no APR, nothing. So, is there a number she can call to get her CL and APR? Also, does this get her in with Amex or just FNBO?

This is a conservative bank 99.9% of apps are reviewed by human eyes so its common to get the day wait message. This is a card that works on the Amx network and has nothing to do with being issued by Centurion Bank in SLC. I just waited for the cards to get the APR and CL but you might try their customer service number listed on the pre qual letter. Grats on her approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting in with FNBO.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!Smiley Very Happy  Just waited until the card arrived.  I can tell you they are a bit pickly.  But overall, no problems.  Great bank!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on DWs approval!
Message 5 of 9
chally
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the FNBO approval!

You can find your CL by going to First National's homepage and click "View credit card application status" in the credit card pull down menu (thanks to jigglypuf for tip). The rest of the details you gotta wait on.

Message 6 of 9
Focused10
Established Contributor

Congrats!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for being approved for the FNBO Amex. First National is proud to offer the AMEX card. For your security your personal info will not be shared through email and you will receive a piece of mail correspondence with your card detailing your items in question. If you would like the information disclosed sooner please feel free to call our customer service agents who are happy to talk to you at 888-530-3626.
Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Well now, how is that for service?  You've gotten your answer.  I've had FNBOAmex for about 3 years now.  While they are now my lowest CL, I do like their card.  Plus they have really good BT offers that I've used.  They are a regional bank, and like gale said, they manually go through apps, so don't expect an instant decision.  Congrats on the new card!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.