cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First app in 5 years - Rebuilding - Cap1 Approved $1k!

tag
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: First app in 5 years - Rebuilding - Cap1 Approved $1k!

@sadiespapa wrote:

Thanks Guys!

I plan on using this card everyday instead of my debit card now. I get paid from work weekly, so i've figured I would make weekly payments... unless that would limit my ability to get a CLI in 6 months. In that case I can just set aside the money to PIF before statement cuts?

Im not exactly sure what the thought process is behind apping for Home Depot in-store, but I know the general consenus is that there are better odds for approval when you do so. My EX is around 630, and my EQ is under 600, so I think im going to wait on the Home Depot card for a while anyways. I don't want to get rejected in front of a cashier lol.

using it as you describe is the perfect way to position yourself for CLI in the future.  Is that EQ score a fico score?  IF so are you aware to what is dragging the score down lower than your other scores?  

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 11 of 12
sadiespapa
New Contributor

Re: First app in 5 years - Rebuilding - Cap1 Approved $1k!

Excellent - I will pay weekly. 

Yup-- The scores in my signature are all from myfico.com. EQ is a bummer, I've compared EQ to TU and EX. They all have just 2 inquiries (from mortgage refi apps.) The only thing that really set's EQ apart is that I used to be an AU on a Bank of America card that went 31-60 past due. I called up Bank of America and had myself removed as an AU. That TL now reports "Payment Responsibility: Terminated" and hasnt updated since August 2013. That TL does not show on EX or TU and must weigh quite heavily on EQ still. 

All 3 reports show my Gemoney/Lowes chargeoff as Paid, and hasnt updated since July 2013. Thats my worst baddy.

JUL 2015 FICO: EX 705 | EQ 694 | TU 692
APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.