cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First chase credit card - Chase Sapphire Preferred, low CLI?

tag
spankyspanky
Established Member

First chase credit card - Chase Sapphire Preferred, low CLI?

Applied for the chase CSP online to net the 40,000 bonus miles and I was instantly approved, but the CL is extremely small compared to my other cards.   Is this a normal chase move?    I have 14 or 15 cards, utll is under 3%,  Just wondering if a phone call would result in a CLI, or if it would be a waste of time.     I am not a fan of chase to begin with,  but spending $3,000 in 3 months for the $500 reward is worth it to me.   I just try and keep my CL's all in the same realm.

Thank You.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First chase credit card - Chase Sapphire Preferred, low CLI?

A phone call will result in another HP to CLI, and with no guarantee that you will get what you expect.  If your profile merited a higher CL from the get-go, they would have given you a higher CL upon approval.

Message 2 of 13
spankyspanky
Established Member

I have top tier credit, hence why I was curious.     I'm not going to take another hard pull, so thank you very much for giving me that info.  Once the reward points post, I'll just cancel the card.

Message 3 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Chase have been really bad with me as well. Freedom was my second card and first from a prime lender. I have asked for CLI so many times, they do HP and give me peanuts. It is my second lowest CL, still struck on $2000.

Message 4 of 13
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Chase likes to see usage. I stopped using them and switched to amex for a few months and the love stopped. They like to be the card you use, show them love and PIF and they will take care of you.

Message 5 of 13
spankyspanky
Established Member

My go to cards are all amex,    Blue Cash, and Platinum are the only two cards that I use.    Maybe I should have included CSP came in with a CL of $17k, which is $13,000 less than my lowest card which is a discover that I haven't used for years.

Message 6 of 13
skigirl916
Established Contributor

What's this tiny CL you speak of? Is $5K small to you?
Message 7 of 13
spankyspanky
Established Member

I do not believe the amount matters, I'm based off %.     If they gave me $500, and all of my other cards were $1000, I would make the same post.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spankyspanky wrote:

My go to cards are all amex,    Blue Cash, and Platinum are the only two cards that I use.    Maybe I should have included CSP came in with a CL of $17k, which is $13,000 less than my lowest card which is a discover that I haven't used for years.

A starting CL of $17K for the CSP is pretty darn good.  Most CSP CLs that I have seen here are around or below $10K.  There are a few above but your $17K is in the upper tier.

Message 9 of 13
spankyspanky
Established Member

I guess that makes me feel better.   I'll run through the $3,000 minimum in three months for the $500 bonus, and I'll see if an auto CLI happens.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.