Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom CLI upon instant approval

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Freedom CLI upon instant approval

It's too late for me now but wondering if anyone has had any experience in aaking for the immediate increase.

Back when I'd applied after receiving the offer I'm the mail it said I was approved and the credit limit, but also stated if this wasn't efficient (or whatever wording) to call at what ever #. Didnt think at the time but wish I would have tried. Should I have? Is it worth it as in likely to succeed in getting them to up thr limit.

It's too late in my case but my SO might apply for Chase Freedom card in the future.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freedom CLI upon instant approval

@MoreRewards wrote:
It's too late for me now but wondering if anyone has had any experience in aaking for the immediate increase.

Back when I'd applied after receiving the offer I'm the mail it said I was approved and the credit limit, but also stated if this wasn't efficient (or whatever wording) to call at what ever #. Didnt think at the time but wish I would have tried. Should I have? Is it worth it as in likely to succeed in getting them to up thr limit.

It's too late in my case but my SO might apply for Chase Freedom card in the future.

The option is always on the table for folks who may need some extra flexibility or more purchasing power.  The only thing with this (some folks freak out or may not want the extra inquiry), it will be another HP.  The previous HP during approval will not be used.  Only in rare instances they can, but the key word is "rare".

Now, depending on what the initial established CL was from the get-go, if income or CR profile have not had any significant changes from when initially approved, it's doubtful a higher CL will be approved.

Message 2 of 6
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I know it cam be requested at any time & it's a HP almost always but if I'd done it on the same day right after the instant approval? Wouldnt they have not needed another HP? (There wouldn't be any changes because it'd be only a few mins after approval)
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MoreRewards wrote:
I know it cam be requested at any time & it's a HP almost always but if I'd done it on the same day right after the instant approval? Wouldnt they have not needed another HP? (There wouldn't be any changes because it'd be only a few mins after approval)

Another HP would have been done, regardless if it was moments after approval.  An approval HP is separate from a CLI request.

Message 4 of 6
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Then I'm happy I accepted my limit. Thanks for the answer.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 5 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Chase almost always HPs for CLI. As fin said, even the day of approval.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.