Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Unlimited CLI Reconned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom Unlimited CLI Reconned

My negotiating skills are improving!

I have had my Freedom Unlimited since May and I had to recon to get it approved for a whopping $500 CL. 

A few days ago, I applied for the Chase Amazon VISA and went into 2 weeks/30 days.  I applied at the same time for a CLI for my FU.  I ended up being denied for both.  I tried to recon the Amazon three times before I gave up.  They all said there's not really anything negative other than inquiries and the short history I have, so come back in a few months.

This morning I got a little ballsy and called Lending again.  I tried to recon the Amazon a fourth time and was denied. The rep used the magic words: "We need to develop a relationship with you with the Freedom Unlimited before we can issue another card."

Why are those the magic words?  Because it led right into my reply: "It's going to be very difficult for me to build a relationship with you with a $500 limit on my Freedom Unlimited, and I was declined an increase on that as well."  She said hold on. Came back in ten minutes and doubled my limit to $1000.  I know it isn't much but it is proof that Chase does indeed want to build a relationship with me (read: make lots of money of me). 

I'll take it! 

US Bank on the other hand said: "Your application remains declined."  (That's literally all the CSR said.)

Have a great day everyone!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited CLI Reconned

Good job!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My negotiating skills are improving!

I have had my Freedom Unlimited since May and I had to recon to get it approved for a whopping $500 CL. 

A few days ago, I applied for the Chase Amazon VISA and went into 2 weeks/30 days.  I applied at the same time for a CLI for my FU.  I ended up being denied for both.  I tried to recon the Amazon three times before I gave up.  They all said there's not really anything negative other than inquiries and the short history I have, so come back in a few months.

This morning I got a little ballsy and called Lending again.  I tried to recon the Amazon a fourth time and was denied. The rep used the magic words: "We need to develop a relationship with you with the Freedom Unlimited before we can issue another card."

Why are those the magic words?  Because it led right into my reply: "It's going to be very difficult for me to build a relationship with you with a $500 limit on my Freedom Unlimited, and I was declined an increase on that as well."  She said hold on. Came back in ten minutes and doubled my limit to $1000.  I know it isn't much but it is proof that Chase does indeed want to build a relationship with me (read: make lots of money of me). 

I'll take it! 

US Bank on the other hand said: "Your application remains declined."  (That's literally all the CSR said.)

Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.