Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom approval (3 for 3)!!

tag
Miscellamy
Contributor

Freedom approval (3 for 3)!!

First, let me say that I am now officially, firmly in the garden. Even before I hit the button, I knew that 3 apps in 3 days was a bit more than I was comfortable with. Smiley Very Happy  Also, I've mentioned this in at least one other thread, so my apologies for double-posting. 

After my successful apps for CSP and BCP a few days ago, I started dreaming about how nicely the Freedom card would complement those two. (It's a sickness, and I'm showing symptoms). But of course I wasn't going to app for it, because I've gotten a lot of new credit in the last few months and have too many HPs and etc. And then they announced the new bonus, and I hemmed and hawed and rationalized and finally decided to go for it. 

This one, unlike the last two, was not an instant approval. Got the 7-10 days message, and when I called the following day I was told I'd been declined for having multiple apps in a short period. Which, you know, fair, but I made my recon case anyway. Explained that I was very excited about Chase's reward structure and had realized how valuable the CSP/Freedom combo would be. And I guess I said the magic words, because the analyst reactivated my application, asked me a few verification questions, and approved me for $4,500. Yahtzee!

And so that's it. This time I really am done (for a good while, anyway). I already have the CSP in my paws, thanks to their crazy good customer service (approved Sunday night, card arrived by UPS on Tuesday afternoon). And I cleared out places of honor in my wallet for the other two. I can hardly wait to take them out for a spin, and I promise to take very good care of all my new babies. And I promise not to add to the brood anytime soon. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Freedom approval (3 for 3)!!

Congrats!....love to read success stories Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Awesome! I just applied for the freedom and slate. Hopefully ill get them to. I did just get an Amex blue cash though

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 3 of 10
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Miscellamy wrote:

First, let me say that I am now officially, firmly in the garden. Even before I hit the button, I knew that 3 apps in 3 days was a bit more than I was comfortable with. Smiley Very Happy  Also, I've mentioned this in at least one other thread, so my apologies for double-posting. 

After my successful apps for CSP and BCP a few days ago, I started dreaming about how nicely the Freedom card would complement those two. (It's a sickness, and I'm showing symptoms). But of course I wasn't going to app for it, because I've gotten a lot of new credit in the last few months and have too many HPs and etc. And then they announced the new bonus, and I hemmed and hawed and rationalized and finally decided to go for it. 

This one, unlike the last two, was not an instant approval. Got the 7-10 days message, and when I called the following day I was told I'd been declined for having multiple apps in a short period. Which, you know, fair, but I made my recon case anyway. Explained that I was very excited about Chase's reward structure and had realized how valuable the CSP/Freedom combo would be. And I guess I said the magic words, because the analyst reactivated my application, asked me a few verification questions, and approved me for $4,500. Yahtzee!

And so that's it. This time I really am done (for a good while, anyway). I already have the CSP in my paws, thanks to their crazy good customer service (approved Sunday night, card arrived by UPS on Tuesday afternoon). And I cleared out places of honor in my wallet for the other two. I can hardly wait to take them out for a spin, and I promise to take very good care of all my new babies. And I promise not to add to the brood anytime soon. 

That is awesome. Congrats!!

Message 4 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG, congrats

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 10
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I loved your story!!  I was smiling when you said, "Then they announced the new bonus, and I hemmed and hawed and rationalized and finally decided to go for it."

It says the promotion goes on til 12/31/13, so I'll just wait til my new Amex reports and helps my AAoA significantly, then apply....

Congratulations!!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on a great set of cards 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Awesome. Congrats

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

Congrats!! Well done!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.