Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Weekend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fun Weekend

After years of gardening, I bit the bullet and stepped out this weekend.  

I had been eyeing either the Amex Delta Reserve or the Amex Platinum and pulled the trigger yesterday on the Reserve as I fly almost exclusivly Delta so it made more sense for me.

Then last night I decided to request a CLI on my CITI My Best Buy card for the heck of it and they doubled the limit.

This morning since I was already out of the garden I decided what the heck and applied for a Cap1 Qucksilver card and was approved for a $10k limit (I was going back and forth between this and the Chase Freedom unlimited) but went with the Cap1 due to a better APR.

On top of that I called and cancled my first premier card (fun times!).

So in summary I dumped a bad card and over tripled my total line of credit in two days.  I think it is time to go back to gardening for a while!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fun Weekend

Cant wait for the day I can dump First Prem and Credit One. Will be soon. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Nice work! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on a good weekend

I kinda missed it but what was the outcome Amex app?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved, not clear on the limit yet, I was immediatly given $2k for use at delta.com only (prior to card arriving) as a conditional credit line.  So I'm not sure if that will be my limit once I get the card and activate it or if once i get the card they will up my limit.

Anybody have experience with this with Amex?  If not I will just have to wait and find out.

Edit:  I really need to proof read before posting.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remembering dumping my First Premier card. Such a good feeling..

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad to be rid of it.  Between the annual fee and monthly service charges, I should have canceled it a couple of years ago but didn't want to deal with it.  Funny thing is I don't recall that I ever actually put a single charge on the card.  lol.

Message 7 of 21
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP, on your success with Amex and Cap1. 

Food for thought: 

If you want and can benefit from the Chase Freedom, why not go for it now? You obviously have the discipline to garden for a couple of years at a time, so that Chase will grow and age with your Amex and Cap1 equally.  

Congrats again! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You brought up a good point so I just applied and was approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited with a $10K limit. But I'm really going back to gardening now.

Message 9 of 21
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Fantastic!! 

Congrats Mr Sauce on an excellent starting limit. 

Off to the garden we go! 

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.