Not applicable

Re: Funny way to get a JCP CLI!

WOW

Message 11 of 15
EmpressLuv
Contributor

@CreditPlay wrote:

This is too much now, you gotta freeze your creditreports , set fraud alerts. Also check if you can file a police report to track that loser down with that address/phone may be the ip from which your account is getting updated.

Yes I have already frozen all and set alerts.  I am already looking into filing a police report..apparently someone trying to get caught. Thanks so much.

My Wallet: AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX BCE 1K, Express 1350, Victoria Secret 2250, Macy's 2000, Kay's 7600, Capital One 1400, Capital One 4000, Quicksilver One 3500; Quicksilver 3000; QVC 3500, Walmart 6000, Pier 1 1250, Kohl's 1500, JCrew 1550, JCPenny 3600, Discover 1500, Lowes 12000, Amazon 2400

Lender Pull: 2/16/13 TU: 672 EX: 681 EQ: 671
Current Scores: 2/6/15: TU 696 EX: 679 EQ: 658
Goal Score: 700
Message 12 of 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I would also make sure that your anti-virus is up to date and that you run a full scan.  Norton has a program which will do a deep scan. 

I would certainly be reaching out to the executive office at Sychrony and asking them to provide you with the address of they changed the card to.  Find out if it is local.  If you have any children it might be a good idea to talk to them afterwards, they might not know who their friends really are. 

Good Luck with this.  The worst that has ever happened to me is that someone cloned my card.  One of my cards was breached in the Target fiasco last year, but I am not certain that it was ever used, even though my back did replace it at some point.  I keep waiting for something like that to happen with the Home Depot breach.  I think many banks at this point will be more than will to chip cards after the last even and the fact that there have been a few more since Target.  I keep waiting to hear of a bank itself getting breached.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 13 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@EmpressLuv wrote:

Second time in 2 weeks or so that my JCP account has been compromised. Whoever this loser is has been adding themselves as an authorised user on my account and changing my telephone numbers.  This morning got an email saying that my userid has been requested, of course I am like not this crap again...go to login into my account I seeing that my phone number has been changed again...sigh....so i call my husband and goes wow I guess JCP felt sorry for me and gave me 2000 more..my limit was 900. So I called in to say that i didnt request no user id and i think my account has been compromised once again, only to find out that the person even requested a credit limit increase...(that is scary, cause this person has a little too much information on me)....

I was told by the rep that their changed the address again but JCP deleted it one time and also added themselves as an authorised user that was deleted too.  It is just so scary that people wake up from their beds just to commit fraud..looks like they tried to charge the card too cause there was $1.00 charge pending..sigh...

On the bright side I did get a credit limit increase....hopefully they don't take it back lol.

I hate that for you but great job on the CLI! LOL Very scary though for real regarding the thief..

Message 14 of 15
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

WOW, well at least the CLI is the silver lining!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.