Did you mean: 

GE Walmart CLI

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Walmart CLI

@flowfaster wrote:

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Just got my FIRST CLI!!!!! Went from $400 to $550....... Ugh!!!! I've had this card since October!!!!! & it wasn't even an auto-CLI!!!!!! Not liking this pattern......... Smiley Mad

Maybe baddies or income?  My income is not that great but my TU FICO is 765.  I have had my wally card since August 11 and it went from 400-700-1400-2400.  Only the first CLI was an auto the rest were all me.  I request a CLI every 1-2 months and get denied a lot too.  Never a hard inq so I don't care.  Just hang in there!!!

GE's CLI's usually happen every 4 months, there are also rumors of good results by calling GE's underwriters.  Call the regular number and request to talk to an underwriter, it may require multiple calls to get though to one. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 31 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

note i called the auto cli # was not given what i ask for they countered i call back door #

got more the same day

Message 32 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

1-800-480-0205 walmart under writting straight to the big boys no transfers,they are the ones to get it done

Message 33 of 148
LOC
Contributor

I called and got a 1400 increase!

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 34 of 148
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Cranski wrote:

Just got Wally card for 110 instant approval this weekend.... If they only double it in 4 months using it as a coaster.

wow.. i didnt know they gave out such small limits

Message 35 of 148
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

call 1-800-480-0205 back door # for walmart underwritting i call under writting every 2or 3months

on all ge cards always a soft pull they will look at your credit report but its a soft pull here are

my results as follows,

walmart open 1 year ago $700.00 now its $6000.00 cl

lowes 7months ago $500.00 now its $10,000.00 heavy use pay in full

oldnavy 1 year old $300.00 start now upgraded to visa $6500.00

chevron 14 months old start $500.00 now its $3000.00 was told thats max for card unless it upgrades

aeo $210.00 start 8 months later $2000.00 one year aeo visa $5000.00

call regular customer service ask for under writting tell them how much you want every 2 or 3 months

the # above will take you straight to walmart under writting dont wait 4 months always works for me

i have good credit though so that helps never had a hard pull

trans fico 729 from here

eq from here 731

ex from credit report.com 737 recived score from citi bank approval said it was 733 so its close

chase $10,000.00

citi $7800.00

chase bp $2000.00

crap one $2000.00 2 years old they suck may close this one

Probably the most effective method to higher limits on GECRB accounts IF used sparingly. Excessive requests on multiple GECRB accounts can result in account freezes/ F/R. Do not overuse this method for best results. Tread lightly.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 36 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

they base it on your credit report,you can call every day as i was told,the person that told me how to do this did

it for 2 years reached max limit on all her cards,if you have a good credit report and high income like i do they want to extend you credit

it is all based on your credit report,

Message 37 of 148
score_building
Senior Contributor

n/m
Message 38 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you use the luv button to say every 4 months you get 3 cli a year,

if you call every 3 months you get 4 cli per year,so your trying to say that one extra call will

put a frezzeeeee on your credit i dont think so,now if you called every day i could see that

or they would just block your number so you cant call any more,lol,but one extra call for cli

a year they will not stop your account,by the way what is your walmart cl and how long have you had it

Message 39 of 148
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if you use the luv button to say every 4 months you get 3 cli a year,

if you call every 3 months you get 4 cli per year,so your trying to say that one extra call will

put a frezzeeeee on your credit i dont think so,now if you called every day i could see that

or they would just block your number so you cant call any more,lol,but one extra call for cli

a year they will not stop your account,by the way what is your walmart cl and how long have you had it

A member at another board reported accounts frozen/ account review for multiple requests on multiple cards in a short time frame, it apparently can happen, wouldn't recommend for those who wish to avoid the potential hassle to call for several CLIs on multiple GECRB accounts every two months.

Yes-several card requests every 2 months could be reasonably deemed excessive by GECRB. They track customer requests, like other issuers. May want to know why so many requests and to verify info provided with docs. That said, it can be an effective method to contact U/Ws IF used in moderation. They are not pushovers, however. YMMV. Walmart since '08 current CL14k.

Message 40 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.