GE auto CLI & 4 month rule of thumb

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: GE auto CLI & 4 month rule of thumb

@culture wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:
Stupid question as I thought I'd read the answer previously, but is it 4th statement generated, or 4th month?

I only ask as even though I'm using it once a month, the statement has only generated when I let a balance report.

4th month from your last successful CLI.

of that account or all the GE have the same timeline ?

i think its on that account..... i have done CLI on multiple accounts at different times

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 11 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You must have a fourth statement unless:
A. You harrass credit solutions
B. it's an auto cli

As someone who has experience with GE clis, an auto cli sets resets the four statement requirement clock unless you choose A. LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
You must have a fourth statement unless:
A. You harrass credit solutions
B. it's an auto cli

As someone who has experience with GE clis, an auto cli sets resets the four statement requirement clock unless you choose A. LOL

Oh for crying out loud Smiley Happy  I got a $100 auto CLI this month.  Yippee?

Oh well, letting a small balance report montly and counting out four more statements.

Thanks for the responses in this thread.

        
Message 13 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Wait, statements have to cut each month in order to get auto cli? Did I miss something?
Message 14 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SpecFile wrote:
Wait, statements have to cut each month in order to get auto cli? Did I miss something?

Auto CLI no, I only had the one statement in Februrary cut; however, needless to say I was going to ask for, well, more Smiley Happy.

        
Message 15 of 18
tknkrov
Contributor

My hubby has had CLI's on his GE cards with no statements and they were not auto they were via luv button if that helps anyone.

Message 16 of 18
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Excellent!! Thank you!
Message 17 of 18
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Sooo if I got my amazon card in October and I got an auto CLI in...I think January...does that mean Another auto is supposed to hit 4 statements after the 1st CLI? I'm about to hit 4 months after my initial auto, which will be May13.

Does it auto again, or do I have to manually press the button. Is it a SP?

I really don't NEED the increase for usage but for UTL purposes it would be nice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.