Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE is a weird one...

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

GE is a weird one...

I was on my fourth statement with my JCP and AE cards and was denied CLI's on both, citing the old baddies in my reports.

I went to do some pre-Black Friday shopping at Banana Republic on Tuesday (frankly, they had better deals earlier in the week than they did today) and thought I'd app for that card since I did not have it. I was approved for $500...higher limit than my JCP, Old Navy or AE cards.

I also apped for the Gap card and was approved for $1000...Visa version

No CLI but new cards with higher limits? What gives? lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: GE is a weird one...

The key here is you were on your fourth statement. In most cases you have to wait until your fourth statement posts. Try again after they post the fourth statement. Congrats on your new cards. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts you've been busy 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Keep in mind that although those cards are GE backed, they still come with their individual UW criteria.

Congrats on your approvals
Message 4 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

they based the denial on the CLI on internal formula, which is a trade secret, once its denied they then send your last SP to a reason generator that determines the negatives things about your report and uses that as the reason for denial so they don't disclose their trade secrets.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Keep in mind you can also use Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic interchangable between the stores so you kind of didn't need 2 of them! but congrats Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.