Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎01-22-2013
0

GECRB - Approved !

I started working on my rebuilding my credit  in Mid January'13. I have had some baddies and inaccuracies removed from my CRs. 

I was itchy to apply for Walmart CC (to get free TU08 and get TL in good standing). Also looked at Amazon. First applied for Amazon, gave me a $400.00 CL, then the same night I pulled the trigger on Walmart, approved $150.00 CL. Thank you GECRB.

I will now garden this cards or will use less than 10%, to have them report next month, hopefully a good increase on my scores by the end of March'13.

I've heard that Walmart may be recon'ed to have CL increased, is it true ? Should I wait for an auto CL in a few months ?



CURRENT TLS:

AMAZON $2K/ WALMART $2K /DCU $3K DELTA AMEX $1K
DISCOVER $1.2K/ PAYPALEXT $2K /COSTCOTU $1.2K

UPDATED 8/1
EQ
8/1/13 EQ 694 - (myfico) -
7/26/13 EQ 694 - (DCU)
9/10 EQ 701 - (myfico)

EX
9/8 - EX 707 (usaa/EX)

TU
6/18 TU 690 (myfico)
7/2 TU 694 (Walmart)
8/8 TU 676 (Walmart)
9/6 TU 676 (Walmart)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,829
Registered: ‎03-14-2012
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !

Congrats on your new cards!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎01-15-2013
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !

[ Edited ]

Walmart can grow very fast. I would try for a 10x 3x increase after a couple 4 months.



I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,802
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !

Congrats on your progress so far and the approvals! Treat GE well and they are very good with CLI. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 832 EX 783 TU 816
App free since 9/15/15
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !

CONGRATS!!!

GE is the best, youll find out soon!



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !


londonhogfan wrote:

Walmart can grow very fast. I would try for a 10x increase after a couple months.


yeah, they won't grow that fast....especially with a initial CL of $150. I would try for $450 and thats a good 3xCLI then double that, etc. Most likely the OP will have to wait until the 4th statement and then ask for 3x at the most.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !


yomellamoFICO2013 wrote:

I started working on my rebuilding my credit  in Mid January'13. I have had some baddies and inaccuracies removed from my CRs. 

I was itchy to apply for Walmart CC (to get free TU08 and get TL in good standing). Also looked at Amazon. First applied for Amazon, gave me a $400.00 CL, then the same night I pulled the trigger on Walmart, approved $150.00 CL. Thank you GECRB.

I will now garden this cards or will use less than 10%, to have them report next month, hopefully a good increase on my scores by the end of March'13.

I've heard that Walmart may be recon'ed to have CL increased, is it true ? Should I wait for an auto CL in a few months ?


FYI, you can use more than 10%....but to maximize your score only let 10% or less report.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Regular Contributor
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎01-22-2013
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !

Thank you for your nice comnents and suggestions. will ipdate my progress from tibe to time.


CURRENT TLS:

AMAZON $2K/ WALMART $2K /DCU $3K DELTA AMEX $1K
DISCOVER $1.2K/ PAYPALEXT $2K /COSTCOTU $1.2K

UPDATED 8/1
EQ
8/1/13 EQ 694 - (myfico) -
7/26/13 EQ 694 - (DCU)
9/10 EQ 701 - (myfico)

EX
9/8 - EX 707 (usaa/EX)

TU
6/18 TU 690 (myfico)
7/2 TU 694 (Walmart)
8/8 TU 676 (Walmart)
9/6 TU 676 (Walmart)
Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎01-15-2013
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !


j_casteel wrote:

londonhogfan wrote:

Walmart can grow very fast. I would try for a 10x increase after a couple months.


yeah, they won't grow that fast....especially with a initial CL of $150. I would try for $450 and thats a good 3xCLI then double that, etc. Most likely the OP will have to wait until the 4th statement and then ask for 3x at the most.


You're probably right. My initial was 1,000, but they moved it to 2,000 on the same day after I called in.



I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: GECRB - Approved !


londonhogfan wrote:

Walmart can grow very fast. I would try for a 10x increase after a couple months.


That might be pushing it a tad Smiley Very Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.