cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB/GE Capital doesn't hate me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

GECRB/GE Capital doesn't hate me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

For the last few months since starting to work on my credit, GECRB/GE Money etc would not approve me for ANY of their cards. Well since then I have opened others through the shopping cart trick, got Credit One & FP and had my mom add me as an authorized user to her 15 year old perfect payment history Capital One card, and I got one collection completely removed after paying. I onlly have one CO and one collection left as negatives.

Anyway, since that collection is gone and my mom's Cap1 reported I wanted to see how much my chances for approvals have improved. So I just went to apply for the Amazon store card and got approved for $900 CL. Smiley Surprised Totally shocked............GE no longer hates me!!!!!!!!!!! Only upward from here then. Next is Walmart but I apparentlly have to wait a while before applying again cuz it keeps telling me that when I reapply....this is a great card to have and I do use Amazon at times.

But omg....they finally love me!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB/GE Capital doesn't hate me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! You're on your way!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

take it easy,  GE credit cards are like crack! for AP addicts, use your Amazon card, PIF or at least more than the minimal payment for 4-5 months,  ask for a CLI via the luv button,  after a couple more months AP for another card, keep the pattern up a few months between cards, do it too quickly they will give you crappy limits and perhaps lock down on CLI's, don't worry about initial limits on future cards, they will grow quickly to be inline with your existing GE CL's just take some time.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats!

I agree with jamesdwi! Don't overdue it and they will grow really fast.
Message 5 of 10
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the advice. I definitely want Walmart card from them soon. I am also interested in Care Credit since my job's health insurance has no dental insurance and I need dental work bad Smiley Sad I will be sure to not do with them what I did with shopping cart comenity cards LOL Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 10
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I am still in shock...GE wouldn't even look at me before. I guess this shows all the work I've done to my credit is paying off.

Message 7 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval, now off to the garden with yeSmiley LOL

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 8 of 10
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I was in the garden for about 2 months LOL. I will be out for a few days, tomorrow is the day I HOPEFULLY refinance my autoloan with DCU and perhaps get a CC....so tonight was not the end Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

I was in the garden for about 2 months LOL. I will be out for a few days, tomorrow is the day I HOPEFULLY refinance my autoloan with DCU and perhaps get a CC....so tonight was not the end Smiley Tongue

Good luck on car and card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.