Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB! I love you!

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

GEMB! I love you!

Got my Amazon store card exactly 1 month ago. Recon'd my inital approval from $500 to $1700. Just called today and requested a modest $2300 CLI. Approved in 2 minutes. Next week! Walmart CLI, you're mine. Don't want to anger to CLI gods by requesting twice in the same week. haha.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: GEMB! I love you!

I was just about to make a GE LUV thread. Just called to increase my Paypal limit. Got increased to 4500 dollars in 2 minutes!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

WOW, excellent increases folks! Love to hear that, can't wait to request on my wally card.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
Nord

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Got my Amazon store card exactly 1 month ago. Recon'd my inital approval from $500 to $1700. Just called today and requested a modest $2300 CLI. Approved in 2 minutes. Next week! Walmart CLI, you're mine. Don't want to anger to CLI gods by requesting twice in the same week. haha.

Wow, thats's amazing! I called them back in December to slightly increase my Amazon and PayPal CLs. Now I'm wondering if I should call back and see if I can ask for yet another Amazon CLI, as it's currently standing at $4K, and I'd really, really, really like it to be $5K to match my PayPal CL. Your experience is very encouraging. I believe it's all soft pulls for CLIs, correct?

Message 5 of 11
colindidit
Established Contributor

I just got really scared. I checked after I got off the phone (as I always do) and my old credit limit was still showing so I called them back and was like what's going on ( nicely of course :]) and the fixed it phew!
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 6 of 11
colindidit
Established Contributor

They are all sp CLIs only certain GE cards aren't
Message 7 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats!
@colindidithow long you had your Paypal card?
I was approved for their paypal mc so Im hoping they are generous with me in the future.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats everyone!
GE starts to get stingy once you're in the $15k-20k range lol!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.