Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap VISA UPGRADE!!! AE VISA UPGRADE

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Gap VISA UPGRADE!!! AE VISA UPGRADE

Okay Happy Days!- Logged onto my gap card and it stated I was able to upgrade!! Got the Visa with 2000.00 Limit ( but my store card was 2800 LOL)

Logged into my AE card and got the upgrade BUT the i clicked the YEs accept button and i keep getting the Tech Difficulties Sorry Message.  Ugh. So I called CSR and they said they have been having problems with the web page.  She said she couldn't do the upgrade that I just have to wait till its fixed. Any way around this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Gap VISA UPGRADE!!! AE VISA UPGRADE-Pending!

@texasman07 wrote:

Okay Happy Days!- Logged onto my gap card and it stated I was able to upgrade!! Got the Visa with 2000.00 Limit ( but my store card was 2800 LOL)

Logged into my AE card and got the upgrade BUT the i clicked the YEs accept button and i keep getting the Tech Difficulties Sorry Message.  Ugh. So I called CSR and they said they have been having problems with the web page.  She said she couldn't do the upgrade that I just have to wait till its fixed. Any way around this?

How long have the accounts been open?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

about a year and half.

Message 3 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

ínice
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That's awesome Congrats!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

Anyone else having problems with the AE upgrade?  its still there on my homepage to my account but everytime I click it, i get the "were sorry...our website has tech problems"

Message 7 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

FYI the upgrade on AE is fixed.  I now have a Gap Visa 2000 CL and AE  Visa 2000 CL.

I am wondering if I can call Gap and explain that I had a 2800 CL with the store card and ask for them to match it.

AE was 1550 and now I got a bit of a bump.

Honestly I am going to feel a lil wierd presenting my gap visa to pay for purchases outside of gap. LOL

Message 8 of 11
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Gap VISA UPGRADE!!! AE VISA UPGRADE

Hey did the upgrade just appear for you on the website? Or is it always on there? I work at AE and I've had the card since last October and have a 2800 dollar limit but I'm afraid to upgrade at work with fear of being denied and another HP for nothing . Old navy is a different story. Lowest starting limit I ever got..
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 9 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

Re: Gap VISA UPGRADE!!! AE VISA UPGRADE

It showed up when I logged in.  At the homepage.  Then under the "Offers Tab" there was a new button that said "Upgrade Card".

FYI-it was no hard pull.  Automatic approval.

and I called gap and they Reinstated my CL of 2800.  They said it was decreased because it was a VISA card and becasue of Liability.  I called the underwriters and they re approved it! YAY

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.