Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Electric Credit Union Classic VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General Electric Credit Union Classic VISA

My new VISA showed up, 12.24%, 12 months interest free on purchases the first 60 days, $2500 limit.  The approval process was slow and convoluted, but I'm happy with the result. 

My scores are hovering around 690-700, 30% util.  They had other cash back and rewards offerings, but the interest rates were higher and I saw some value in havinga  lower interest rate in case I have to carry a balance on a larger purchase.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Electric Credit Union Classic VISA

Congratulations on the approval!!! Also awesome choice for the lower APR, IMO. 

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting your cardSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the approval!!! Also awesome choice for the lower APR, IMO. 

+1

Smart choice. Congratulations on your new approval!

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! You don't hear about this CU very often at all! Thanks for posting, and enjoy your new card!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

GECU seems to concentrate on auto loans...most of the bad feedback online seems to pertain to screwed-up auto loan documents and delayed payoffs/lien releases.  Hopefully things go smoothly with my savings account and VISA. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an alert from wallethub...it reported already.  My score dropped 13 points yesterday, then rebounded 16 points today.  The only difference I see is the new account reporting...didn't take the time to see if any other reporting changed.  This yo-yo effect is maddening, I never know if something is going to help or hurt my score.  The weird part is, I had checked wallethub about an hour ago, and it was showing yesterday's lower number, then the alert came through and today's number popped up, so I never got a chance to see what had changed yesterday to cause the drop.

I don't generally micromanage it like that, I just happened to take a look this morning.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.