cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX approved with BK !!

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX approved with BK !!

Congrats and well done.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 11 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditwiser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for providing an informative post.  Hubby's bk d/c was 7/14, and come next month, he's going to give it a shot since he did not include Amex in his bk. His scores are just about like yours, util is 4%, and his payment history has been solid.  He got in with Penfed and Discover, so here's hoping that Amex will open their doors.  Enjoy your card and very happy for you! Smiley Happy

It does seem he has a good shot at it.  Best of luck to him and thank you all for the support !

Well, Creditwiser, although hubby's bk was d/c the same month as yours, and everything about his rebuild is mirrored with yours, he was flat out denied on his app for the Delta Skymiles this morning.  Reason given - Bankruptcy.  No other remarks, just this big, fat one.  I'm really not surprised, was expecting it.  

But, what I didn't notice in your sig (until right now) is that you're an AU on an Amex card for $20K.  I'm wondering if this might have been how you got in with them? Would make some sense, logically.  He'll try it again in a couple of years.  Again, super Congrats to you!   Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditwiser wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for providing an informative post.  Hubby's bk d/c was 7/14, and come next month, he's going to give it a shot since he did not include Amex in his bk. His scores are just about like yours, util is 4%, and his payment history has been solid.  He got in with Penfed and Discover, so here's hoping that Amex will open their doors.  Enjoy your card and very happy for you! Smiley Happy

It does seem he has a good shot at it.  Best of luck to him and thank you all for the support !

Well, Creditwiser, although hubby's bk was d/c the same month as yours, and everything about his rebuild is mirrored with yours, he was flat out denied on his app for the Delta Skymiles this morning.  Reason given - Bankruptcy.  No other remarks, just this big, fat one.  I'm really not surprised, was expecting it.  

But, what I didn't notice in your sig (until right now) is that you're an AU on an Amex card for $20K.  I'm wondering if this might have been how you got in with them? Would make some sense, logically.  He'll try it again in a couple of years.  Again, super Congrats to you!   Smiley Happy

Bummer, I was hoping you would have had better news. You have a good point and I was thinking about the AMEX AU after I entered my post. Very possible as I used the card frequently and always go in to my AU log-in on their website to make the payment.  In the couple of years of AU, I've put well over 15k thru it and usually PIF.  Throughout my BK and rebuild process Amex was always in the back of my mind and I purposely used the AU priveledges for that possibility.  If only we had a way to know what their underwritting took in to account.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 18
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Very nice gives me some hope as I am almost 4 yrs post BK. I was declined for this card a couple of months ago.  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 15 of 18
panda11
Regular Contributor

@morgacj2004, no worry I will apply for the skymiles in 3 months when my 5 years post discharged is up.

Message 16 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

BTW, My APR is the max for this card. 19.49%  Smiley Surprised  I'm not complaining under my circumstances but this is definitely a PIF card.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 17 of 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Easily the earliest approval with AMEX showing a BK.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.