Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News from Synchrony!

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Good News from Synchrony!

So my A/C malfunctioned in my car and I thought I might need a new compressor. Turns out the entire thing was damaged and needed to be replaced for $1350. As you guys know I have had my Car Care One card through Synchrony for a decent amount of time (18 months next month) and I have had a Ashley Furniture Card through them for a year both for $1000 each. I decided this was as good a time as any, so I called AAMCO and asked them to call in a CLI request. He did and told me they needed me to call in and verify some info. She asked me how much I wanted to request and I told her I wanted a limit of $2,500. She said I was approved for $4,500 effective immediately! Even better news, I called in about an hour later and asked if I could use the same pull for my Ashley Furniture card. I requested $2,500 again and they gave me $4,500 again! I'm definitely keeping these cards now for the  forseeable future! Also the CSR told me that they used a SOFT PULL for both of the CLIs because I had been with them for so long (I have yet to verify that). Even if it was a hardpull, it was definitely worth it! That increased my total credit limits from $6,500 to 13,500!Smiley Happy So time to continue to garden!Smiley Happy It really does work! 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good News from Synchrony!

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So my A/C malfunctioned in my car and I thought I might need a new compressor. Turns out the entire thing was damaged and needed to be replaced for $1350. As you guys know I have had my Car Care One card through Synchrony for a decent amount of time (18 months next month) and I have had a Ashley Furniture Card through them for a year both for $1000 each. I decided this was as good a time as any, so I called AAMCO and asked them to call in a CLI request. He did and told me they needed me to call in and verify some info. She asked me how much I wanted to request and I told her I wanted a limit of $2,500. She said I was approved for $4,500 effective immediately! Even better news, I called in about an hour later and asked if I could use the same pull for my Ashley Furniture card. I requested $2,500 again and they gave me $4,500 again! I'm definitely keeping these cards now for the  forseeable future! Also the CSR told me that they used a SOFT PULL for both of the CLIs because I had been with them for so long (I have yet to verify that). Even if it was a hardpull, it was definitely worth it! That increased my total credit limits from $6,500 to 13,500!Smiley Happy So time to continue to garden!Smiley Happy It really does work! 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 2 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 18
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

I'm all for those SP CLI"s. Great job!

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...

Message 5 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all of your success!
Message 7 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats.  Definitely a SP

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome

Message 9 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.