cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good grief I'm an idiot (citi double cli)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good grief I'm an idiot (citi double cli)

Congrats on the CLI! I think it was worth it.

Message 21 of 30
guydiver
Established Contributor

Hard pull well spent.  Congrats!

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! U should feel good! 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm just fiddle farting around online and figure hey what the hell let me request an online CLI for my Citi Double.  My idiot brain figures the account is 50 days old it's a good time right?  So I request to go from 6k > 15K.  After I click submit I actually read the thing and realize it's going to hard pull.

Sad Panda.

So I call and try to cancel the request but the rep said it's too late Smiley Sad It pulls when you click continue on the website.  She asked if I still wanted to cancel and I said well if you've already pulled go ahead and review it.  She did and I got the increase to 15K.

They pulled EQ only.  I'm not sure how I should feel about this Smiley Indifferent

I did EXACTLY the same thing on my TY Pref about 10 days ago. I'd asked via chat if SP or HP, they said SP. So of course, like an idiot, I didn't read the screens. I asked for more than I expected and thought they'd counter. Nope. But I AM working on refi/heloc, so no bueno. But overall, I think it's a good thing. But yeah, intially sad panda/beating myself up. 

I later PC'd my DP to DC and need to eventually get the limit up. I'll likely move some from TY Pref rather than take another HP. 

Congrats for joining the 'oh-no-what-have-I-done' club. 

I did get 1k TY Points from Citi for the miscommunication. They're supposedly looking into it further but I'm not holding my breath. 

Message 24 of 30
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the hard pull only apply to Citi Double ? Forward doesn't require hard pulls.

It's different for everyone. One screen asks for your income only I believe and says a report will not be pulled to determine if you qualify. The other screen will ask for income, mortgage, other income and requested limit and will say a hard inquiry will be done and will be reviewed in twenty four hours. Sometimes you get the soft screen and sometimes you get the hard screen.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!! YOU SHOULD BE ECSTATIC . . . A 9K INCREASE IS GREAT AND AT LEAST IT WAS ONLY A ONE BUREAU PULL. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the title of this thread 100%

Message 27 of 30
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure more ppl wouldnt mind fumbling their way n2 a nice CLI.... Charlie Brown.
Message 28 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As others have mentioned alread, great CLI and the HP was well worth it IMO. At the end of the day it's only a HP and shouldn't really impact much of your overall profile.
Message 29 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.