cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good idea to apply for Amex Everyday?

tag
ACG23
Regular Contributor

Re: Good idea to apply for Amex Everyday?

Okay, so an update! I applied but got the verification notice: 

Thank You for applying for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express.

In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you.

And when I called, I got a person on the line who told me their systems are down, they can't process applications, and to call back in a few HOURS!!!! So I'm going to call later. I'll let you know, but should I assume this is an approve-but-we-need-to-verify? I got a similar message when I applied for my Chase and Discover cards. Both were approvals. Thanks!

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They have been having a few computer issues recently, I would asume if those are your scores you would be approved.. Best of luck

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like you have a good chance!

Message 13 of 21
ACG23
Regular Contributor

And, approved! With a great CL -- my highest to date in fact. Thank you all for the advice and input.

For future applicants who get the "call and verify," they said they wanted me to do that since I've never had an Amex before. Maybe if you have an old credit profile but have never looked at them before, they get suspicious.

The customer service staff was incredibly kind, and even congratulated me on my years of good credit. This despite a few serious late payments on student loans a few years ago. Wow; it really makes me feel like I've finally turned a corner, and those aren't haunting me anymore.

Gardening since May 2015

Message 14 of 21
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@ACG23 wrote:
And, approved! With a great CL -- my highest to date in fact. Thank you all for the advice and input.

For future applicants who get the "call and verify," they said they wanted me to do that since I've never had an Amex before. Maybe if you have an old credit profile but have never looked at them before, they get suspicious.

The customer service staff was incredibly kind, and even congratulated me on my years of good credit. This despite a few serious late payments on student loans a few years ago. Wow; it really makes me feel like I've finally turned a corner, and those aren't haunting me anymore.

Congratulations on your great success and new highest CL card! Often times they'll want to verify you before they approve you.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got declined and called to recon and still got declined with a ex of 701. they said it was too soon since I opened my last account

Message 16 of 21
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats on the Approval

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got declined and called to recon and still got declined with a ex of 701. they said it was too soon since I opened my last account

I was just approved for ED two weeks ago. My EX was 668 and my newest account was a month old. Instant approval for $3500.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bassballer150, how is your newest account?
Message 19 of 21
ACG23
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the congratulations! And: 

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear! How new is your new account? I opened two new credit cards (Discover and Chase) 11 months ago and that didn't bother them.

Gardening since May 2015

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.