Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good start for 2014

tag
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Re: Good start for 2014

Was the AA increase a hard pull or soft? Was it instant or did you have to wait?

Message 21 of 26
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Very good start! Congrats!
Message 22 of 26
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@learnandlearn wrote:

Thanks to myfico and its educational forums, 2014 has been good so far. After 8 years since bk things started to look up and wanted to share some of my successes with you.

1. I received a pre-selected offer to BMW Visa, the only serious offer I had in years. Applied and got approved for $9k

2. Barclays increased my Arrival World Master Card by $2500 to a total of $7.5K without asking. I really like Barclays.

3. I summoned the courage and applied for a CLI on my Citi AA Visa Signature...got Approved for additional $11,500 to a total of $15k.

4. My last attempt was to apply for a Chase CC. My applications in the past were denied, but this time around with a recon, I got approved for $10k UnitedMileage Explorer.

Coulldn't be happier!! it took a while to get to this point but it has been worthwhile. I am now more educated about cedit and finances than I've ever been.

I thank you all for providing the guidance directly and indirectly that helped me achieve this milestone. Thanks again.

CongratsSmiley Happy very nice

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 23 of 26
learnandlearn
Established Member

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Was the AA increase a hard pull or soft? Was it instant or did you have to wait?

It was a hard pull and it was instant on the phone with customer service.

Message 24 of 26
learnandlearn
Established Member

@Wade64 wrote:

@learnandlearn wrote:

Thanks to myfico and its educational forums, 2014 has been good so far. After 8 years since bk things started to look up and wanted to share some of my successes with you.

1. I received a pre-selected offer to BMW Visa, the only serious offer I had in years. Applied and got approved for $9k

2. Barclays increased my Arrival World Master Card by $2500 to a total of $7.5K without asking. I really like Barclays.

3. I summoned the courage and applied for a CLI on my Citi AA Visa Signature...got Approved for additional $11,500 to a total of $15k.

4. My last attempt was to apply for a Chase CC. My applications in the past were denied, but this time around with a recon, I got approved for $10k UnitedMileage Explorer.

Coulldn't be happier!! it took a while to get to this point but it has been worthwhile. I am now more educated about cedit and finances than I've ever been.

I thank you all for providing the guidance directly and indirectly that helped me achieve this milestone. Thanks again.

CongratsSmiley Happy very nice

Thanks Wade64...I must say my biggest suprise was the Chase approval considering the 1st question in their application is about BK. They were included too but they thought that I have had my finances in great order since then.

Message 25 of 26
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@learnandlearn wrote:

Nice start indeed! Congrats!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.