cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Three Cards I Really Wanted - CSP, BCP and SPG - Psyched!

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Got Three Cards I Really Wanted - CSP, BCP and SPG - Psyched!

I applied for and was approved for the CSP, BCP and SPG.  Yay!!!  Details below.

CSP - applied for this and initially denied for having other cards with Chase (or too many recent cards with them, something like that).  Called Chase recon line and they asked why I had both a United Club Visa and a Mileage Explorer Visa - I told them about the benefits of both.  Then they asked what kind of credit limit I wanted for the CSP.  I said 5000 would be fine.  The guy then checked and approved me for the CSP at 5000 CL, and said he could move some money from the Explorer if I wanted a higher CSP CL, so I said move 2000 over and he did, giving me a 7,000 limit for the CSP.

BCP - applied and got the "In Progress" message for a few days, but then saw the "Approved" message.  2,000 CL and 22% APR.  A higher CL would have been nice but I'm fine with 2,000, considering Amex is good with CLIs.  I had app'd for this card in July, August and September and been denied - they were SPs since I got the PRG in July.

SPG - after I got the BCP in the mail, I was looking at Amex cards on-line and thought, what the heck, I want this one too, so applied and got the "In Progress" message for 3 days.  Finally called and was transferred to the credit department, who asked a few questions - verified my rent amount, that type of thing - and then approved me for 2,000 with a 19% APR.

Also, one of my Chase cards was a "Travel Plus" Visa which I never used since I just wanted to pay it off.  Finally paid it off and didn't want them to close it for lack of use, so I did a PC to the Freedom Visa - was no problem to do.  Will just use it occasionally.

Amex pulled Experian which was 720.  Equifax, at the time of application, was 735.  Chase pulled Equifax.  Chase's internal score for me was 677, or thereabouts.  Transunion, which no one pulled, is 765.  Income is 80,000.

Other cards and CLs:

Amex PRG - NPSL

Discover - 1700

Wells Fargo Visa - 22,500

United Club Visa - 8,000

United Mileage Plus Visa - now 2700

Amazon store card - 800

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Got Three Cards I Really Wanted - CSP, BCP and SPG - Psyched!

Congrats....nice cards!!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 2 of 6
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

congrats!

Message 3 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.