Regular Contributor

Got a CLI from Chase! - 4 months from account opening

I called Chase today about asking for a CLI, currently sitting at $4k on my United MileagePlus card.  I said I wanted $8k and after "soft" pull (shows only as soft - so far) and discussing the same items they originally denied me for when I first got the account, the nice lady approved me for $8k.  I asked her if I should have asked for more, and she said yes :-(.  But I am still happy that I got it!!  Woohoo for double miles on my family's trip to New Zealand in a few months.

Valued Contributor

Re: Got a CLI from Chase! - 4 months from account opening

Awesome and Congrats on doubling your limit!

Cards: (Chase x8) (Citi x6) (Amex x6) (BofA x3) (US Bank x3) (Barclays x4) (WF x2) (Cap1 x4) (Synch x4) (Penfed x2) (Macys Amex, Discover, USAA, Fidelity, NASA x1), PLOC: Citi (18k) WF (10k), Personal Loan: USAA (25K), Auto Loans: Ally, Audi Financial.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats on CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Chase ink =

Contributor

Tryon2improve wrote:

I called Chase today about asking for a CLI, currently sitting at $4k on my United MileagePlus card.  I said I wanted $8k and after "soft" pull (shows only as soft - so far) and discussing the same items they originally denied me for when I first got the account, the nice lady approved me for $8k.  I asked her if I should have asked for more, and she said yes :-(.  But I am still happy that I got it!!  Woohoo for double miles on my family's trip to New Zealand in a few months.

How did you get them to do a soft pull? I thought it was always a hard pull for customer iniated CLI requests?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Established Contributor

Can't beat that lol. I wonder if the "shoot for the moon" approach would end with them just saying "Well, we can't give you 20k, but heres 8k.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Bobert22 wrote:

Tryon2improve wrote:

How did you get them to do a soft pull? I thought it was always a hard pull for customer iniated CLI requests?

I did not ask anything about the pull, they just stated that they review the credit file, usage, and Chase history in determing a CLI.  I said I was fine with that.  I mention soft pull because that is what is showing on my annual credit report from EQ from Chase with today's date 5 hours after the CLI.  A hard pull as not shown up yet,  I would expect one, and I will be monitoring that over the next couple of days. (unless they pulled TU).

Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13

What number did you use? Did you give a reason? I'm thinking about asking for a cli on mine I don't really need it though

Citi Forward ($9,000), Amex BCE ($6,000), Chase Freedom ($3,000), Discover IT ($1,700)
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS thats an awesome CLI!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tryon2improve wrote:

my annual credit report from EQ from Chase with today's date 5 hours after the CLI.  A hard pull as not shown up yet,  I would expect one, and I will be monitoring that over the next couple of days. (unless they pulled TU).

hardpulls always shows up the next day, it's like herpes you won't test positive on the day you get it =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.