Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for a Discover it credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for a Discover it credit card

With a 2400 credit limit is this good? Do you have to have good credit to get approved for the discover card? This is my first time posting and I just joined the community here at fico I'm excited 😊 and I get so tempted to apply for credit cards any input would be fantastic thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approved for a Discover it credit card

Welcome and congrats on your approval. My belief is that your overall profile matters (not just credit scores). If you don't mind, take a little time and post your stas such as:

- FICO scores

-Inquires

-utilization (if any)

-collections/derogs

-AAOA

- installment loans

Give us a little history and what your goals are with credit. You will get tons of advice, opinions and guidiance....congrats again and good luck on your journey!!...Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you doinit I have to figure out how to do all this cool stuff, I'll do some research thanks!

Message 3 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover tends to be a little conservative out of the gate, but roughly sometime after the third billing cycle if your scores are progressing..or you are where you are now..  youll likely get an auto CLI.... (I think they treat it like a probationary period and gives them time to figure your spending habits and such) if not can try for one around that time ... if you can, try to wait a week after your third statement then manually submit a CLI... otherwise if they auto CLI you,, go online and request one and you might be able to "double dip"  Usually if they auto CLI you, there can be "more for the asking".... and they use a soft pull for CLIs... only if you get explicitly asked to by a CSR for a hard pull, or you get a checkbox saying this will be a hard pull.. (not might since the soft says we may pull your CR for request... but its a SP unless explicitly saying so) 

Congrats

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Welcome to Discover and welcome to myFICO!!!

Message 5 of 18
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and an approval is always good!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yayyy 😊
Message 7 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome and congrats on your new Disco. Id ssy 2400 is decent, im partial, got mine at 2500. One thing ill say for having a Discover, youll never be short on posts about Discover here. Trying to figure out Discover and all their intricacies is a bsttle we fight daily here in FicolandSmiley Wink. WELCOME TO THE FAMILYSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations GangsterHarleyDavidson on your Discover approval & welcome to myfico! 😊
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats... I recently got approved for a Discover It as well.  I have such high hopes for this card...they had me once I saw the cute package it came in.  Presentation is everything :-) The information given in this community is Grand.  Welcome to the Disco!

Tee

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.