Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Got approved for a Discover it credit card

With a 2400 credit limit is this good? Do you have to have good credit to get approved for the discover card? This is my first time posting and I just joined the community here at fico I'm excited 😊 and I get so tempted to apply for credit cards any input would be fantastic thanks in advance 

Established Contributor

Re: Got approved for a Discover it credit card

[ Edited ]

Welcome and congrats on your approval. My belief is that your overall profile matters (not just credit scores). If you don't mind, take a little time and post your stas such as:

- FICO scores

-Inquires

-utilization (if any)

-collections/derogs

-AAOA

- installment loans

Give us a little history and what your goals are with credit. You will get tons of advice, opinions and guidiance....congrats again and good luck on your journey!!...Smiley Happy

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8.5k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(4.25k) Kohls(3k) J Crew(1.7k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA BBR(10k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(6.45k) Chase FU(7k) QS(3.3k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) PenFed PCR(3K) Lowes(2K) NFCU VS Cash(5.5K) NFCU CLOC(5K)
FICO 8 Scores EX 728(20) EQ 693(16)TU 724(26) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=141,050.00

Thank you doinit I have to figure out how to do all this cool stuff, I'll do some research thanks!

Valued Contributor

Discover tends to be a little conservative out of the gate, but roughly sometime after the third billing cycle if your scores are progressing..or you are where you are now..  youll likely get an auto CLI.... (I think they treat it like a probationary period and gives them time to figure your spending habits and such) if not can try for one around that time ... if you can, try to wait a week after your third statement then manually submit a CLI... otherwise if they auto CLI you,, go online and request one and you might be able to "double dip"  Usually if they auto CLI you, there can be "more for the asking".... and they use a soft pull for CLIs... only if you get explicitly asked to by a CSR for a hard pull, or you get a checkbox saying this will be a hard pull.. (not might since the soft says we may pull your CR for request... but its a SP unless explicitly saying so) 

Congrats

Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Welcome to Discover and welcome to myFICO!!!

Regular Contributor

Congrats and an approval is always good!

Yayyy 😊
Senior Contributor

Welcome and congrats on your new Disco. Id ssy 2400 is decent, im partial, got mine at 2500. One thing ill say for having a Discover, youll never be short on posts about Discover here. Trying to figure out Discover and all their intricacies is a bsttle we fight daily here in FicolandSmiley Wink. WELCOME TO THE FAMILYSmiley Happy
Established Contributor

Congratulations GangsterHarleyDavidson on your Discover approval & welcome to myfico! 😊
New Contributor

congrats... I recently got approved for a Discover It as well.  I have such high hopes for this card...they had me once I saw the cute package it came in.  Presentation is everything :-) The information given in this community is Grand.  Welcome to the Disco!

Tee

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.