Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for a Discover it credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approved for a Discover it credit card

Yes I agree, the very immaculate packaging that discover uses to send your card in is out of this world 😳
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gijane👋
Message 12 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I agree, the very immaculate packaging that discover uses to send your card in is out of this world 😳

Interesting... The Discover Delivery package is often mentioned, even a few YouTube videos describing the "unpacking" of the Discover card are floating around.

I, for the life of me, cannot remember that "memorable" event. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting... The Discover Delivery package is often mentioned, even a few YouTube videos describing the "unpacking" of the Discover card are floating around.

I, for the life of me, cannot remember that "memorable" event. 

If there isnt one thing that weve learned from Apple, is that the unboxing/unpacking experience, albeit a minor thing tends to form an impression on folks.. Yes its mostly psycological, but I thought it was nice and left a good impression when i opened it, vs your typical generic white envelope with a card in the fold.. 

Its no Centurion or JPMorgan type experience.. but it does tend to make it at least appear as if the company cares in its vested interest in you and didnt just print a card and throw it in an envelope.. 

I remembered it.. kinda thought it was cool.. but more importantly is the product... 

Message 14 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup, really enjoyed getting mine. Definitely not the standard white envelope. You know you made it big time, ok semi i guess since its no Ritz or CSR lol, when your cc is shipped in a carboard box , having inside another colored box. Still got mine lol, kinda hard to forget a
5x 6hp experience for a ccSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, OP! 

You inspired me and since I'm up at 1:35AM, what else to do but app for Discover? $2,500 SL for me with a 14 month 0% balance transfer, but then jumps to 19.34%. I'm very happy with that!  It took 3 apps over 3 years to get it.  One question for the forum -- is the card really purple? Or is the color off on my laptop... 

Message 16 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, OP! 

You inspired me and since I'm up at 1:35AM, what else to do but app for Discover? $2,500 SL for me with a 14 month 0% balance transfer, but then jumps to 19.34%. I'm very happy with that!  It took 3 apps over 3 years to get it.  One question for the forum -- is the card really purple? Or is the color off on my laptop... 

Yep, it's really purple and its beautiful. I think I'm going to also order the gold one because that one looks pretty handsome too.

And congrats to you OP too.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol 😂 you folks are hilarious and cool I love credit cards
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.