Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got got approved for wally card!

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Got got approved for wally card!

Just wanted to thank everyone on here (and in the rebuilding credit section as well). I just app'd and got approved for the Walmarts card.

CL they gave me 700 which isn't too bad to start out with them since I'm not in primeland. Would have just been happy with $200 just to get my foot in the door with them for auto CLIs.

Kinda wish I did it in the store saying "I'm looking to buy a TV" since I've read the rumors on here that you get a better limit in the store - but considering this thing will grow, I'm not too concerned about starting out at $700.

Don't have a TU score - but if anyone is curious for themselves here are my stats - my score on here for ex is 625. No collections, last late was about year ago. 2 CO that are about 4 years old and paid. Util was 5% overall and only balance reporting was 15% on 1 card. AAOA is about 5 years. Youngest account is 6 months old, oldest account was about 10 years old. Had numerous closed/paid accounts with varying degrees of Lates (up to 90+ but not CO since I got caught up) all closed over a year ago.

Now to wait to get my card and sign up for online statments for that free TU report/score!

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
S7
Established Contributor

Re: Got got approved for wally card!

Woot Woot!! Congrats!! You got a better staring limit than me, mine is only $400, Smiley Wink

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 2 of 11
ezef3ar
Contributor

Congrats on your approval I was approve last month with a credit line of 600 then I informed to everyone on the forum they told me to call them and tell them that I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing on electronics and that my credit line wasn't enough for the purchase so. They had me on hold for a few minutes then she ask me how much I need it I say 1500$. And she say denied then she offer me a counter offer 1100$. I'm like ill take it lol you should call they might approve you for a higher credit line the worst they can say it's no Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

I probably will call and do just that.

We had been looking at TVs there for the past month and were going to try to see if anything popped up for black friday. We LOVED the 70" LED we saw, however I didn't feel like dropping that kinda bills in one month on a TV.

But maybe just maybe if I can have them bump me up to 1100 I'd take advanatage of that 0% finacing and just pay it off over 2 months. If Wally say no to my request, I guess we're "stuck" getting the 55" LED which is still a major step up from our 27" tube TV.

Message 4 of 11
ezef3ar
Contributor

Hey give it a try they like people to take advantage of the 0% financing Or offers And you will be doing just that taking advantage of what they already offer give it a try and let us know how it goes Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, this card is on my radar as well.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

@scarrollprint wrote:

Just wanted to thank everyone on here (and in the rebuilding credit section as well). I just app'd and got approved for the Walmarts card.

CL they gave me 700 which isn't too bad to start out with them since I'm not in primeland. Would have just been happy with $200 just to get my foot in the door with them for auto CLIs.

Kinda wish I did it in the store saying "I'm looking to buy a TV" since I've read the rumors on here that you get a better limit in the store - but considering this thing will grow, I'm not too concerned about starting out at $700.

Don't have a TU score - but if anyone is curious for themselves here are my stats - my score on here for ex is 625. No collections, last late was about year ago. 2 CO that are about 4 years old and paid. Util was 5% overall and only balance reporting was 15% on 1 card. AAOA is about 5 years. Youngest account is 6 months old, oldest account was about 10 years old. Had numerous closed/paid accounts with varying degrees of Lates (up to 90+ but not CO since I got caught up) all closed over a year ago.

Now to wait to get my card and sign up for online statments for that free TU report/score!

congrats! btw what state are you in? if your in NY your lucky =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 11
brother7
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I just broke mine in yesterday... 20% util in one day! Smiley Surprised

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 9 of 11
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

congrats! btw what state are you in? if your in NY your lucky =)

Nope I'm in RI.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.