Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Cap1 QS. It came with ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my Cap1 QS. It came with ....

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually they are sending me a letter as usual. But my fico scores it looks wasn't dinged maybe they saved me the pull.

Let's hope!  3 dings for a denial is a lot of inquiries to stick around for 24 more months.  Hopefully they just blocked the app internally before underwriting software pulled your CRs again.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Another offer which is the premium card. Should I apply? Is it guaranteed

They did the same thing to me, or for me I should say. When I 1st started with a 500 QS, they said I was pre qualified for the other one...I took the bait and was approved for 900 on the Platinum......all in the same day.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Should I recon?
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rule for all denials is to recon UNLESS they will do another hard inquiry.

Never hurts to call the EO themselves and ask "Why did you send me an approval with my new card if you were going to deny me?"

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called the EO. He was shocked of why I was giving a reference number and access code on my pre approved platinum card offer. He couldn't do anything until tomorrow morning for the application manager is out of office. Any suggestions on my upcoming phone call tomorrow?
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, be nice with them.  If they can't approve you, ask them if they did any hard inquiries and if so, ask them to remove them since you were under the impression you were preapproved by their mistaken offer.

Don't push it too hard, either way.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice. I will thanks.
Message 17 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

The rules have changed in the last year with Cap One you can only open ONE account within a 6 mth time frame , that is why you got the denial , you should not even see a Hp bc the app would have been denied internally right off the bat
Message 18 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

The only thing you can do is wait until your current card turns 6 mths old and then app again
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.