Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my first unsecured card

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Got my first unsecured card

Weeee!

I already have 2 secured card with Cap 1.  Since I just closed on my first home on Monday, I decided to apply for Lowe's to see what I could get. got delcined for Lowe's Smiley Sad

I then tried at my CU and got approved for 1k! So happy, moving on Sunday and I got an unsecured card Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got my first unsecured card

Congrats, I just got my first unsecured card not too long ago myself, it is a great feeling.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new home and new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FLAJenn wrote:

Weeee!

I already have 2 secured card with Cap 1.  Since I just closed on my first home on Monday, I decided to apply for Lowe's to see what I could get. got delcined for Lowe's Smiley Sad

I then tried at my CU and got approved for 1k! So happy, moving on Sunday and I got an unsecured card Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the new card and home WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your new home and your first unsecured card!
Message 5 of 8
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats on both of your accomplishments Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Jenn!  Both on the home and on the card: I'm mostly idle credit building wise (go go gardening) while trying to prepare for a mortgage application, but like you I have a card of two I'm sort of looking at taking a shot at after I close too haha.  

Transitioning from secured / starter cards to initlal first tier unsecured is a big step forward, congratulations!

        
Message 7 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on CC from CU!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.