cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Few Months

tag
erewnoh

Great Few Months

Woohoo, it's been a great few months. After being extremely stupid 2 years ago and having AMEX cancel my platinum card due to not paying...

Got a new job, salary falls firmly into the six figure range. Rather than buy a bunch of stupid things, I focused on some debt that I've been carrying and paying heavenly fees on.

I've gone from 88% utilization to now 8% utilization, all of which is on a 0% balance transfer promo (no fee as well!) for a year.

Platinum Card reinstated after paying the total balance owed. The tradeline was rehabilitated. 3500/mo PSL, up for review in a year. This caused a significant *jump in my FICO.

Citi auto CLI to 3500 on Simplicity.

Was approved for a PENFED Platinum Rewards, $5000.

Was approved for a USAA Unlimited Cash Back, $5000.

NFCU auto increased my CL to 18K after an AR.

I went into a branch today, applied, and was approved for a Chase Sapphire Reserve card with a 14K limit. I immediately product changed my Sapphire Preferred to a regular Freedom, and re-allocated the CL on it, moving 3500/5000 to the new Reserve card. This way I also know when I hit the quarterly $1500 max on the Freedom.

I'm not sure if going into the branch helped, but online it didn't show me any pre-approvals and in the branch, the banker said I had pre-approvals in the system for every card except the Reserve and that I would probably be approved since it seemed like Chase wanted more of my business. He said they no longer do pre-approvals on the Reserve. Approval was immediate. Prior to this I was running up to near my CL on the Preferred card and having to pay it off to keep using it.

So in the course of 4-5 months, things have gotten fantastically better. For anyone else out there that's rebuilding keep up hope, there's light at the end.

EQ: 711, EX: 715, TU: 725 (All FICO), all up from mid-high 500s

Various store cards that I'll let them close after non-usage.

1350 Barclay Apple <---- Will close soon, I've absolutely no use for this card or any Barclay offerings that I can see

3500 Citi Simplicity <----- No idea, can't seem to PC to another offering :/

4000 USAA Cash Rewards AMEX <---- No idea what to do with this account, may try to roll into Unlimited and then close

6000 USAA Rate Advantage <----- Another no idea, same as above

1500 Chase Freedom

5000 USAA Unlimited Cash Back

5000 PENFED Platinum Rewards

17500 Chase Sapphire Reserve

18000 NFCU Flagship Rewards

AMEX Platinum

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great Few Months

Good work. I think getting the old Amex Platinum back is the best out of all of your successes; will help with AAoA down the road. Also congrats on the NFCU auto CLI...those are rare indeed.

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job and kicki g credit in the keesterSmiley Wink

I believe the downfall of Simplicity is it cant be pcd for anythingSmiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
erewnoh

Yeah, I'm just giving up on Citi. I'll let them either close the card from non-use or wait until they have an offering that's compelling.

In other news, I decided to go ahead and try for a BOA Alaska card as I prefer to fly them and the bonus+companion fare is just too good. They pulled EX, no hit to my FICO. After calling in to verify that it was me that had applied, I was approved for 17K. Woohoo!

I'm done for... a long while.

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, thats a great way to get to cloud 9Smiley Happy 17k from Boa is outstanding. Umm, Citi who? Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice few months indeed! Congrats! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.