Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Cash Rewards MC nail-biter

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

HSBC Cash Rewards MC nail-biter

I applied for this card on Oct 6th afer reading the review for it on DoC. I figured it was an easy $150.

During the application I did security questions, which I know were answered properly but it was still flagged by their security dept. I called in after a few days and verified that it was indeed with their security dept.

I was told to wait a few more days and call them back so I did that and was then told I needed to send in proof of address and copy of my DL. I sent those in 5 days ago and I never heard anything.

After calling in today and talking to several reps who bounced me around to different depts I finally spoke with a rep who found the app and went through the docs I sent. They said it looked good and it would go to their credit dept who would give me a decision within a few days.

A few minutes after that call ended I received an email telling me I was approved. What a drawn out process. Everyone always says FNBO and US Bank are slow but these guys take the cake Smiley Happy

Stats: EQ HP (726 FICO 8), 40 inq, no prior relationship with HSBC, several new accounts this year but I have slowed down a bit the last few months.

Anyone know how I find out the limit?

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

ter Re: HSBC Cash Rewards MC nail-biter

That one's a nail biter alright. Let us know what you find out on what they approve you with.

Congratulations on perservering through all those obstacles to pull out an approval.

Whatever it might be. Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 14
kaw943
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Cash Rewards MC nail-biter

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I applied for this card on Oct 6th afer reading the review for it on DoC. I figured it was an easy $150.

During the application I did security questions, which I know were answered properly but it was still flagged by their security dept. I called in after a few days and verified that it was indeed with their security dept.

I was told to wait a few more days and call them back so I did that and was then told I needed to send in proof of address and copy of my DL. I sent those in 5 days ago and I never heard anything.

After calling in today and talking to several reps who bounced me around to different depts I finally spoke with a rep who found the app and went through the docs I sent. They said it looked good and it would go to their credit dept who would give me a decision within a few days.

A few minutes after that call ended I received an email telling me I was approved. What a drawn out process. Everyone always says FNBO and US Bank are slow but these guys take the cake Smiley Happy

Stats: EQ HP (726 FICO 8), 40 inq, no prior relationship with HSBC, several new accounts this year but I have slowed down a bit the last few months.

Congrats what did you get approved for SL wise? I got the pre qual letter today in the mail never had any accounts with them thinking of doing this and canceling another card that I hate.  If they have decent SL then I might go for it.  Also if you don't mind what agency did they pull?

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I Was thinking about applying for this card last night but I felt I didn’t have the scores. EQ is cleanest report but has the lowest score.

EQ 635 TU 648 EX 636
Message 4 of 14
eaglesilas
Valued Member

Had the same,unable to verify identity”.

No HP’s. Than 4 weeks later they called me to verify my identity and had to send a copy of my power bill .

She called me 1 hour later back and I was approved with 5000 SL .Took another 2 weeks to get the card.

Spent  $1000 in the first month and got my $ 150 bucks.

Amex blue cash everyday $10,200 , BofA Rewards VISA 10,000,Discover IT 20,000.Cabela's 5,000,Walmart MC 10,000,Lowes 14,000,BarclayCard Rewards 10,000,Amex Sky 5,000, Capital One QS Visa 4750,Capital one Venture 11,000,Ring 5,000,Citi Simplicity 5,000 ,Home Depot 7,000 ,JCP 10,000 ,HSBC 5,000 , Discover Miles 5,000 , Amazon Store 7,000 ,Chase Amazon Visa 5,000 , Best Buy Visa 10,000 ,QS 5,000 ,Venture 5,000 ,US Bank 7,000 ,Dell 1000,BofA Cash 5000,Tinker MC 2000,
Message 5 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! I got the prequalified mailer today and thought about it briefly but I don't need another cash back card since I'm more interested in points/miles. I'm also trying to garden. For those that do want a cash back card, it does look like a great option, especially for the 2% back the first six months and 10% bonus each year!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call them and ask what your starting line is. It's a no nail biter....
Message 7 of 14
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@kaw943 wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Congrats what did you get approved for SL wise? I got the pre qual letter today in the mail never had any accounts with them thinking of doing this and canceling another card that I hate.  If they have decent SL then I might go for it.  Also if you don't mind what agency did they pull?

They pulled EQ and the SL is $2750, which is now my lowest limit. I'll just sockdrawer if after the signup spend.

Message 8 of 14
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just call them and ask what your starting line is. It's a no nail biter....

Sorry I meant the thread title to be sarcastic. I just waited for my card to come in the mail for the limit.

Message 9 of 14
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Recently approved for HSBC Gold MC and Cash Rewards MC. CL $2500 & $2250. My lowest limits on any card as well. APRs were only good thing lol. I was also recently approved for Barclaycard CashForward with $25,000 CL along with US Bank Cash + With $10,000 CL. Both have excellent sign on bonuses. Will most likely close toy limit HSBC cards.
|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.