Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Cash Rewards MC

tag
TheVig
Regular Contributor

HSBC Cash Rewards MC

App yesterday the old fashion way via telephone. I was having issues with the online app. App went pending. I called UW this morning to check status. Said I was approved and card will arrive in 5-7 days. Unable to tell me what my CL is. Said to call back in a day or two and they should be able to tell me.

This approval also marks a goal completion for me. My goal was to eventially get back in with every creditor I burned back in 2007-2009.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC Cash Rewards MC

Congratulations! When you find out, please let us know your stats and your credit line. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Smiley Happy That is good news for me. I burnt a number of them in 2009 as well. I just haven't tried to get back in with any of them yet. 

Message 3 of 10
TheVig
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Smiley Happy That is good news for me. I burnt a number of them in 2009 as well. I just haven't tried to get back in with any of them yet. 

Not a single peep was mentioned about my past transgressions with them. I wasnt expecting any either. Back when HSBC sold off their credit card portfolio to Cap1, my HSBC charge offs magically disappeared off my credit reports. Back in 2015 when Cap1 let me back in, my Cap1 charge offs disappeared about 30 days later.

It's nice to see HSBC issuing cards in the US again without a need for some sort of existing realtionship, such a checking or savings. I highly doubt though they will go back to the old days of issuing cards to just anybody with a pulse though.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this. I was having trouble with the online app as well. I didn’t know they took apps by phone.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U LA T I O N S. Nice to see some doors opening up for ya, again... Charge wisely.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Got approved myself. Their application process is a little slower than most of them. I apped Nov 18, had a SP on my Equifax, received the approval letter on Nov 24 and a HP on Equifax the same day. Then received this email yesterday, Nov 30. Can't wait to see what's my SL will be.

Screenshot-2017-12-1 AOL Mail (2829).png

Message 7 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@TheVig wrote:

Not a single peep was mentioned about my past transgressions with them. I wasnt expecting any either. Back when HSBC sold off their credit card portfolio to Cap1, my HSBC charge offs magically disappeared off my credit reports. Back in 2015 when Cap1 let me back in, my Cap1 charge offs disappeared about 30 days later.

It's nice to see HSBC issuing cards in the US again without a need for some sort of existing realtionship, such a checking or savings. I highly doubt though they will go back to the old days of issuing cards to just anybody with a pulse though.

Ah, but those sure were the good old day. I didn't have any accounts with HSBC in my 2010 BK, but 2001-2004 when I lived in Vegas they handed out Home Equity loans like candy. And after my 2010 BK7 the first unsecured CC I got was a Best Buy Visa when HSBC issued them. I didn't monitor my credit score back in 2011 but I'd bet it was in the 500s, low 600s at best.

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I really like the look of this cardSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Not knowing the starting CL, is like waiting for Christmas.

Regardless, with some recent SP CLI increases on other cards, I'm now north of $200k in available credit.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.