Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Help - Update: Approved

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

HSBC Help - Update: Approved

I applied for their rewards MasterCard on the 12NOV17. I called in to check the Application Status as I did not get an instant approval. The application took about five days for it to reach the security department. I called five days later and spoke with the security department they needed me to fax in a copy of my drivers license. I did that , called back, then the CSR said it has passed security that I should hear back soon . Called today and the CSR said “ you account has to be manually keyed in and call back in 5 business days”? What does that mean ? I went to apply for another HSBC account online to see what would happen and I got this “we recognized that you are already and HSBC customer, please login to complete your application”. WTH?

Mod note:  I have updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Help

Sounds like your first app was approved, you'll have to wait for the card to arrive to create an account. They are slow, I applied 11/8 and just the card today.
Message 2 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

I just double checked when I submitted my app, it was 15DEC17.

Do you know if once you get a card with HSBC can u apply for another ?
Message 3 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Do you mean 15 Nov 17?
Yes, a member posted on myfico that he app's for 2 HSBC cards and got both.
Message 4 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Oopsey! Double post.....
Message 5 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Yes ! 15NOV17 ! Sorry bout that
Message 6 of 18
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

do not apply 2nd  card wait for  the outcome of the first application because they are super sensitive about security your card could take longer than normal so hang on to it mine was instant and still took 7 days...

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 7 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Mahraja wrote:

do not apply 2nd  card wait for  the outcome of the first application because they are super sensitive about security your card could take longer than normal so hang on to it mine was instant and still took 7 days...

Boy, that's an understatement. I got the card (Cash Reserves) today and after activating it by phone I tied to create an online account. It asked for full social, card number, PIN, & phone number. Well, the CC has no PIN so I called the toll free # displayed. Had to key in my full social just to get a live person, who then asked for the last 4 digits of my social. Then she asks if I have a social security #. I tell her yes, I just gave you the last 4 digits. Then she wants to send me a text message so I give her my cell #, she says it doesn't show as a U.S. # (it's Verizon) so she wants another phone #. I tell her I only have my landline which can't receive text, so she sends a recording to to it with a code. Finally get to her telling me she'll send a link via email to create a login, but the temp password can only be sent via U.S. Mail or text message, so I give her my cell # again. Then she tells me I'll get the email & text in  . . . .24 to 48 hours.

Sheesh! I'm just trying to create an online account to manage the card, not open a bank account with $100k deposit from the Cayman Islands . . .

Message 8 of 18
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

HAHA! They are a mess, but BBVA tops them! My 2 least fav banks! 

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Mahraja wrote:

Boy, that's an understatement. I got the card (Cash Reserves) today and after activating it by phone I tied to create an online account. It asked for full social, card number, PIN, & phone number. Well, the CC has no PIN so I called the toll free # displayed. Had to key in my full social just to get a live person, who then asked for the last 4 digits of my social. Then she asks if I have a social security #. I tell her yes, I just gave you the last 4 digits. Then she wants to send me a text message so I give her my cell #, she says it doesn't show as a U.S. # (it's Verizon) so she wants another phone #. I tell her I only have my landline which can't receive text, so she sends a recording to to it with a code. Finally get to her telling me she'll send a link via email to create a login, but the temp password can only be sent via U.S. Mail or text message, so I give her my cell # again. Then she tells me I'll get the email & text in  . . . .24 to 48 hours.

Sheesh! I'm just trying to create an online account to manage the card, not open a bank account with $100k deposit from the Cayman Islands . . .

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 9 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

Here’s an update, I just called in and they stated that it was submitted for approval however the system has an error and they will need to manually key in the application. She said it usually takes five business days. WTH, she said it’s a common glitch in their systems where an account # cannot be generates by the computer
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.