cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSN Card Approved! Yay! Amazon Chase Not, BOO!

tag
jevoyager
Established Member

HSN Card Approved! Yay! Amazon Chase Not, BOO!

I got preapproved last week for the HSN card, got a $500 limit. So yay! Smiley Happy  That makes two cards I have now (this and Walmart).

Then I just had to go and app for the Amazon chase card today during checkout and was denied even after recon (actually I didn't realize there were two cards, the Chase and the Amazon store card, thought I was applying for the store card, that's what I get for not! paying! attention!!! may have stood a chance with that one...) Said main reason was I didn't have enough reestablished credit and what I had was too new.  Boo.  I did the same thing when I got the Walmart card, turned around and apped for the Discover IT card because they had sent a preapproval thing in the mail a few weeks before, and was denied that one too. Urgh, why do I do this to myself? ::headdesk::

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: HSN Card Approved! Yay! Amazon Chase Not, BOO!

@jevoyager wrote:

I got preapproved last week for the HSN card, got a $500 limit. So yay! Smiley Happy  That makes two cards I have now (this and Walmart).

Then I just had to go and app for the Amazon chase card today during checkout and was denied even after recon (actually I didn't realize there were two cards, the Chase and the Amazon store card, thought I was applying for the store card, that's what I get for not! paying! attention!!! may have stood a chance with that one...) Said main reason was I didn't have enough reestablished credit and what I had was too new.  Boo.  I did the same thing when I got the Walmart card, turned around and apped for the Discover IT card because they had sent a preapproval thing in the mail a few weeks before, and was denied that one too. Urgh, why do I do this to myself? ::headdesk::

Congrats on the new HSN card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call 888-724-6649 and tell the automated system you would like a credit line increase

when it asks if you want a specific amount... SAY NO

Message 3 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Probably some patience to age your credit.
Message 5 of 14
jevoyager
Established Member

Thanks! Forgot to mention that for anyone wondering what kind of score I had for getting the HSN card, my TU score is about 630 or 632 I think (I forget the exact #).

Message 6 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@jevoyager wrote:

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 14
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!! Welcome to the garden! ;]

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 8 of 14
CardHunter
Established Contributor

@jevoyager wrote:

Congrats on your HSN card!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jevoyager wrote:

Congrats on the HSN!  I wanted to pick that one up for the longest time to help with util, but realized I probably wouldn't ever buy anything after the initial purchase and just end up throwing it in the sock drawer Smiley Tongue .  

I wish that Amazon was more like Walmart where it runs you for the Discover (now MC) first, then runs you for the store version if you don't meet the requirements for the nicer one. That being said, GE has been rather generous with their CLIs on my store card.  Only had mine since Nov and been bumped up to 3x my initial limit.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.