cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to Jump Off the Fence and Out of the Garden ..... and!!!!

tag
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Had to Jump Off the Fence and Out of the Garden ..... and!!!!

Feel extremely happy with new approvals, but, have regrets for not waiting for a few more months!

Well! I needed some dental work to be done ... over 8k. I decided to apply for Care Credit, and was immediately approved for 8k. After 48 hours, I CLI'd through

their automated system, and was immediately bumped to $9.6k.

Since, I was out of the garden, decided to go on another mini-spree.

Applied for Ebates, approved the next day for $2.5k.

Applied and got declined for the Cabella's Visa Card.

Got a pop-up for J Crew and got approved for $750. (Just had to take this one to get my foot in with Comenity).

CLI'd my Barclay World from $5k to $6,750.

Approved for Chase Hyatt for $5k.

Approved for Dillard's AmEx for $2,500. It showed a temporary account and CL of $250. So, after reading through forums, I assume it's $2,500.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Applied and declined for AmEx Green ... No Luv from AmEx!

Applied and declined for Citi Thank You Card ... No Luv from Citi!

Applied and declined for Wells Fargo AmEx. Any chance for a recon?

Applied and declined for Sallie Mai. Any chance for a recon?

Applied and declined for PayPal Credit (BML).

I guess, I'm back to the garden again for a very, very, long time.

Cheers!

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Had to Jump Off the Fence and Out of the Garden ..... and!!!!

Congrats, and I'm sorry...back to the garden with ye!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

It looks like you did what i did when i was first new to credit. Which is apply till you can no longer be approved for any more. When i was 18 (4 yrs ago) i applied for Sears, then Target, then BBY...then i couldnt be approved anymore till 6 more mos.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

So you have a centurion card but can't get an amex green?

Message 4 of 30
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Congrats, and I'm sorry...back to the garden with ye!

Thanks.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 5 of 30
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

So you have a centurion card but can't get an amex green?

Centurion is issued from the Middle East. My earlier posts explains this! 

Message 6 of 30
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

Barclays is usually pretty good with recon so I'd go get the backdoor number for them out of the sticky thread and give it try.  If they say No then keep calling back...some ppl have called up to 5 times in one day to get the right person.  Just be aware of your CR and be ready to explain anything that looks bad or fishy to them.  They are usually good to work with on recon if you have a good explanation.  Their Rewards MC is one of the easiest to get aside from their Apple associated Visa card.  Not sure on the others, but I do know that BML was GECRB and now its called PP Credit and run through Comenity.  Don't know how they are on recon but they seem to be one of the easiest out there to get credit from so I think i'd be calling them also.  You've already taken the HP's so you may as well get your money's worth...so to speakSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 30
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

Barclays is usually pretty good with recon so I'd go get the backdoor number for them out of the sticky thread and give it try.  If they say No then keep calling back...some ppl have called up to 5 times in one day to get the right person.  Just be aware of your CR and be ready to explain anything that looks bad or fishy to them.  They are usually good to work with on recon if you have a good explanation.  Their Rewards MC is one of the easiest to get aside from their Apple associated Visa card.  Not sure on the others, but I do know that BML was GECRB and now its called PP Credit and run through Comenity.  Don't know how they are on recon but they seem to be one of the easiest out there to get credit from so I think i'd be calling them also.  You've already taken the HP's so you may as well get your money's worth...so to speakSmiley Happy

Thanks HighHopes! WIll definately give Barclays a call tomorrow morning.

Message 8 of 30
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 30
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.