cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have newbie question regarding multiple credit card applications

Re: Have newbie question regarding multiple credit card applications

OK, so you are saying that I should apply for the Discover IT as well as a revolving Amex (like Blue?) before the end of April.

I am a bit confused. Do you mean that the NEW revolving Amex card would actually be considered an older account like my 25+ year Amex Gold card and even out the AAOA?

Will applying for 3 credit cards in a two day span not freak out Amex?

Message 11 of 18
Contributor

I would recommend to apply today for the Discover IT as well, not sure about another AMEX

Message 12 of 18

Thank you all for your encouragement, as I have just been approved for my Discover It card!! Whooohoo!!!!!!

If it weren't for your sage advice here I would have probably been to scared to try, so thanks again so much!

Message 13 of 18

DarkStar16 wrote:

Thank you all for your encouragement, as I have just been approved for my Discover It card!! Whooohoo!!!!!!

If it weren't for your sage advice here I would have probably been to scared to try, so thanks again so much!

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Dark Star Congrats on the discover it card!

To answer your question on the AMEX: If you felt one of those no annual fee American Express cards could possibly fill a need, opening 1 will back date to your original MSD. So you will have 2 American Express TL's that will report as 25 year old accounts.

Your current inqs shouldn't do much damage, just something to consider for your AAOA's well being.
☮ & ❤
Message 15 of 18

DarkStar16 wrote:

Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 16 of 18
Established Member

DarkStar16 wrote:

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 18
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Starting Score: 807
Current Score: 828
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18