cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hit Amex 3x CLI button after midnight EST... too early! Then a spree.

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Hit Amex 3x CLI button after midnight EST... too early! Then a spree.

Yea that seems to be what they are doing. The HP just seems to serve as a notation on your CR for other creditors, since your app is evaluated based on the most recent SP and your internal scoring.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

fantastic that Amex relies on internal scoring.   i've been following my PRG soft limit via the button and it's gone from $3-4k to $10-12k

Message 12 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

Citi denied.  They wanted me to unfreeze TU and denied due to insufficient credit history.  They said that i need to have two credit lines open for at least a year and to come back when my others age.

Not sure if i can call for a recon or if they are usually final with this

Message 13 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

CSP approved!!!! $5 limit. 

Message 14 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

errr.  $5k limit, that is. 

Message 15 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

Approved for SPG!   I called the credit dept to follow up on the app and they said that the Exec office was working on my app.   They transferred me and the guy finished the app on the phone (didn't ask me any questions, just had me on hold).

Approved for $5k.   Exec office rep confirmed the 25k SPG (10+15) bonus offer for me.

Hopefully I can go and request 3x limit on this one after 61 days and don't have to 6 months since i just had my delta amount increased,

So just to recap.

Got Delta Gold 2k upped to 6k

Approved CSP 5k (40k UR offer)

Approved SPG 5k (25k SPG offer)

Denied Citi Exec AA Elite World Master Card

So my total revolving limit moves from $3k to $17k.

This adds 3 HPs to my EX file, bringing me to  7 for EX (priors were Aug 13, Sep 13, Dec 13, Dec 13)

Assuming that Citi also pulled TU, this will bring me to 5 pulls on TU (priors were Aug 13, Aug 13, Sep 13, Sep 13)

All thanks to Amex for extending me the lines back in December.    Delta Gold is a great way into the Amex family. And the charge card gave me the flexibility to show them my higher spending power.

Glad that I wasn't approved for Citi after all. It would have been tough trying to make the minimum spend for this.

Now it's time to learn about Chase gardening.... 

Thank you for guidance guys!

Message 16 of 32
enharu
Super Contributor

If you want to appeal your app citi app, it will most likely result in additional inquiries.

It will be 6 months before you can request for any CLI on your Amex cards.

Grats on the approval as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 32
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP!  Awesome overall outcome, enjoy your new cards!  I've called Citi EO to recon my Citi AA Executive app, they told me the same thing (need to have the account for at least a year) + I have too many inquiries so their decision is final (denied).  This came from the 2nd manual review, I wonder if i should try to give them a call one more time?  They didn't do any additional HPs from 2nd review, they also pulled EX only (my worst for INQs).  

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 18 of 32
PointLager
Established Contributor

I want to call EO and clarify. And tell them re new approvals. It's useless for me to have it approved in sept. I would like to use the card to hit the $40k spend for mileage status w AA
Message 19 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new cards & CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.