tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Hit Discover Up AGAIN!!! ***5/17 UPDATE!!!!***

Message 1091 of 3,186
EW800
Valued Contributor

It will be interesting to see if I run into any issues with my CLI attempt tomorrow.  I called Discover earlier this morning to activate the Double Cash Back Promo, and found that I had to switch to the IT card to take advantage of this promo.  The rep advised me that the card number, CL, APR and opening date of the account would all remain exactly the same - the card will just look different.   If she was correct in regard to literally everything about the account being the same, I am hoping that I can still get the CLI, but if not, not a big deal sitting at my current CL of $14.7K for a bit.  

In a perfect world, I guess I should have waited until after the CLI attempt tomorrow to call in for the Double Cash Back Promo, but hopefully no big deal.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1092 of 3,186
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well EW800 let's hope it doesn't make a difference. I haven't seen anyone yet that changed products during this gravy train ride. So you are our guinea pig. Smiley Happy
Message 1093 of 3,186
EW800
Valued Contributor

I don't mind being the guinea pig! Will advise sometime tomorrow! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1094 of 3,186
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Can't wait till tomorrow, make sure you update the thread I'm sure you'll be the first to smash that button lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1095 of 3,186
baller4life
Super Contributor

Most definitely!! I will update title. Smiley Happy
Message 1096 of 3,186
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1097 of 3,186
Mellon
Established Contributor

Well.. on 5/1 i got the increase ($1500 to go to $8500) so I called and added the double cash back 12-month promo, then I decided since today is 6/1 to see if i could finally take my CL to 10k.... low and behold i got another $1500.. and to think when I first got my Discover 4 years ago they wouldn't give me anything now my card is officially at 10K.!!!!

DiscUntitled.png

Message 1098 of 3,186
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Well.. on 5/1 i got the increase ($1500 to go to $8500) so I called and added the double cash back 12-month promo, then I decided since today is 6/1 to see if i could finally take my CL to 10k.... low and behold i got another $1500.. and to think when I first got my Discover 4 years ago they wouldn't give me anything now my card is officially at 10K.!!!!

DiscUntitled.png

SWEET CONGRATS!!!!! 

Message 1099 of 3,186
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Congrats, tomorrow there will be many of us hitting that button.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1100 of 3,186
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.