Super Contributor

Re: Hit Discover Up AGAIN!***6/2 UPDATE!!***

Congrats wac on your successful cli. Good luck Monday! Smiley Happy
Message 2391 of 3,186
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
Got denied on my 1st Discover. Limit is currently 17,600. My gravy started at 13,100. The month before the madness, I got an auto from 3,000 to 13,100. That was in Feb. So 1 auto followed by 4 successful requested increases.

I applied for my second Discover in April 2015. 2 statements cut and I just received a 500 increase.

So it wasn't a "glitch" that was "discovered"(pun intended) and "fixed"...nor has the gravy stopped.

They are giving increases, but not to just anybody, and not all the time. There IS a method to their madness.

Did you request the increase or did they automatically give it to you after the 2 statement. I just received my 1st Discover in May. Officially account open date was May 17 but my 2nd statement is about to cut. From the boards they said to wait until 61 and up for request of first cli. So, I was going to wait until around July 18 or so... I was wondering should I be looking out or should I request early.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 2392 of 3,186
rockup55
Contributor

My card was approved in late March with a $5000.  After reading this thread, I made my first luv button CLI request in May and received an increase of $1000 to a new limit of $6000.  After reading about the slow down in luv button increases, I decided to not request again until after my July statement cut..  I hit the liv button on July 3 and got a message that my request was being reviewed.  Today, when I logged on, I notice that I had received a new $1500 increase taking my new limit to $7500.  I was also able to refer three new customers to Discover in the past thirty days all  of which were approved for cards.  The referrals resulted in a current  total of  $150 in cash back bonus for me that will become part of the double cash back in 12 months.  I am definitely loving Discover as including the three referrals, I have now racked up over $200 of present cashbacks that will be subject to the double bonus since I was approved for the double cashback  as of my June 2 statement date.

Message 2393 of 3,186
baller4life
Super Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Got denied on my 1st Discover. Limit is currently 17,600. My gravy started at 13,100. The month before the madness, I got an auto from 3,000 to 13,100. That was in Feb. So 1 auto followed by 4 successful requested increases.

I applied for my second Discover in April 2015. 2 statements cut and I just received a 500 increase.

So it wasn't a "glitch" that was "discovered"(pun intended) and "fixed"...nor has the gravy stopped.

They are giving increases, but not to just anybody, and not all the time. There IS a method to their madness.

Did you request the increase or did they automatically give it to you after the 2 statement. I just received my 1st Discover in May. Officially account open date was May 17 but my 2nd statement is about to cut. From the boards they said to wait until 61 and up for request of first cli. So, I was going to wait until around July 18 or so... I was wondering should I be looking out or should I request early.

You can start trying after 61 days

Message 2394 of 3,186
baller4life
Super Contributor

@rockup55 wrote:

My card was approved in late March with a $5000.  After reading this thread, I made my first luv button CLI request in May and received an increase of $1000 to a new limit of $6000.  After reading about the slow down in luv button increases, I decided to not request again until after my July statement cut..  I hit the liv button on July 3 and got a message that my request was being reviewed.  Today, when I logged on, I notice that I had received a new $1500 increase taking my new limit to $7500.  I was also able to refer three new customers to Discover in the past thirty days all  of which were approved for cards.  The referrals resulted in a current  total of  $150 in cash back bonus for me that will become part of the double cash back in 12 months.  I am definitely loving Discover as including the three referrals, I have now racked up over $200 of present cashbacks that will be subject to the double bonus since I was approved for the double cashback  as of my June 2 statement date.

You cleaned up!! WTG! 

Message 2395 of 3,186
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I requested it. Automatically approved for 500 on 7/3/15

Just logged into my account again and there was an auto approval of 250 more on 7/6/15

750 total CLI since opening this card in April 2015.

Message 2396 of 3,186
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my It card on 5/2.  I tried CLI request at 61 days on 7/2 and was denied.  My second statement cuts soon.  I will try again a few days after the next statement.  I have been using the heck out of the card.  I hope they show me some love!

Message 2397 of 3,186
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevre, I got my card Same time, got my cli 4 days ago. Try luv button again.
Message 2398 of 3,186
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, on your newer Discover... was it two FULL statements that cut or two statements period and was this an auto CLI or requested?

Message 2399 of 3,186
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind, I really need to learn to read to the end before I post a question haha

Message 2400 of 3,186
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.