Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy... Barclay Auto-CLI.

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Holy... Barclay Auto-CLI.

First, let me just say that I've been rebuilding my score for a bit and I'm in a credit lull where nothing exciting is going on (aka, gardening).  I have had my Barclay Apple card (500 CL) since 2008-ish, never been late on the thing but they have never upped my limit, even upon requests.  Last year I added NFCU (7,000) and USAA (1,000) to my wallet and this year I just added WalMart (400) for the FICO and Target (200) because I'm a frequent shopper. 

I've been using my Barclay card quite regularly lately but mostly just for iTunes and software products for my photography, and then turn around and pay it down (but purposely leave about a $100 balance).   I just went to check the balance and saw my new CL is $1200!  I've been planning some credit moves to help the score a bit but this was completely unexpected and a welcome surprise!

Just thought I'd add this to the pot for future forum searches.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Holy... Barlcay Auto-CLI.

Message 2 of 13
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Adalen wrote:

First, let me just say that I've been rebuilding my score for a bit and I'm in a credit lull where nothing exciting is going on (aka, gardening).  I have had my Barclay Apple card (500 CL) since 2008-ish, never been late on the thing but they have never upped my limit, even upon requests.  Last year I added NFCU (7,000) and USAA (1,000) to my wallet and this year I just added WalMart (400) for the FICO and Target (200) because I'm a frequent shopper. 

I've been using my Barclay card quite regularly lately but mostly just for iTunes and software products for my photography, and then turn around and pay it down (but purposely leave about a $100 balance).   I just went to check the balance and saw my new CL is $1200!  I've been planning some credit moves to help the score a bit but this was completely unexpected and a welcome surprise!

Just thought I'd add this to the pot for future forum searches.

That's awesome! Congrats! Hoping Barclay's treats my brother right, then!

Message 3 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

That's a nice surprise! Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Holy... Barclay Auto-CLI.

Thats great!! I'm hoping to see an increase as soon as I get my balance paid down.

Message 6 of 13
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I had my apple card since 08 an still no credit increase. But I only use it once a month then PIF. Maybe if I put more in then I might get more out.

Message 7 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your journey and success

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 13
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! 

@Kartel34, I had neglected the card for quite a bit of time but always use it for iTunes.  In the past two months, I've been using it for small purchases, online orders and gas and then paying down, so that may or may not have contributed to the CLI.  Who really knows?

Message 9 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

of all my accounts, Barclay is the only one to have issued me an auto-cli from $1k to $2.2k

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.