@RicHowe wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

Datapoints:

CRA: Pulled Experian only

Fico8 Score (as of my last refresh): 735

AAoA: Probably less than 7 years (after this approval) Oldest 2003 (Closed Cap One) - 5 Cards opened over the past 3 months

INQs: Experian 4 HPs (last 3 months)

No Baddies/Delinquencies/Public Records

No more apps again ever (even the new AMEX Marriot card)! Smiley Happy

These two datapoints are very interesting to me because I'm trying to plan my next app spree and researching it has me reorganizing which apps get priority over others. Seems like FT doesn't much care for recent pulls/accounts opened which is good in my case; means it can be one of the last ones to app.

Had to provide any POI/IV to get that limit?

No POI/IV so far. We'll see if there are any questions from the CU before I get the card. Smiley Happy

Assuming without prying too much your income is 6 figures? Trying to see what I could expect SL wise.

The MAX CL on this card is actually $100,000.00 so I fell in the middle CL for this card if you can believe it! Income $150k

Thanks for all the info and answering my questions.

Message 11 of 37
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

@RicHowe wrote:

So I've been planning a trip to France and wanted a TRUE Chip + Pin (Online AND Offline) card to make traveling easier.

I've not really wanted to app for another card, but I also wanted to have all my cards age together, so I'm finally DONE! DONE! with app'ing.

Approved: FirstTech Odyseey Rewards World Elite Masterard

APR: 11.99% (Lowest they offer)

SL: $50,000.00

You'll find me in the garden for the rest of my life. Smiley Happy

Thats how you end Friday on an awesome note and tunnel back to the garden to lay low! Congrats, they obviously love your profile Smiley Happy

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...Monstrous SL.  Congrats.

Perhaps a nice SUB will make you app again but I can certainly understand why you currently have no need for new credit cards.  Man, that's an awesome SL.

I'm interested to see what else if anything they'll need from you.  I feel like I've read info about this CU having post-approval issues. 

Keep us posted.  

Message 13 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats very nice CL..  First Tech denied me awhile ago for too many new accounts.  They are a very conservative lender and wouldn't work with most people on MF that have many cards/credit.  Spoke to an UW and tried to recon back several months back when I applied and she added up my total credit to income and basically said I would have to shed NFCU and Penfed and I laughed and said your cards aren't worth that much to me Smiley Happy.  I wanted a PIN/Chip card but UNFCU also offers these and hopefully they aren't as tight and I am well into the 6 figure income and have about 285k in personal credit and owe 500 total on CC's.  They stated they were just scared of how much trouble "i could" get into with that amount of credit which is certainy true.  Anyways wanted the card as well, but wasn't meant to be.  So basically if you have more credit than your income don't even consider applying for this CU is the story or alot of accounts otherwise they are a good CU Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

So I finally got the verification email...

We are in receipt of your application and want to thank you for your interest in First Tech Federal Credit Union. Your application is being reviewed and at this time in order to move forward, we will need to verify some additional information from you.

1)      Legible color copy of your driver’s license – front and back

2)      Legible color copy of your signed Social Security Card – front and back

3)      Proof of income within 30 days

a.       Paystub and W2 – (front and back of W2)

b.      If self-employed, will need 2 years complete personal and business tax returns. Please include all forms and schedules.

4)      Verification of Address:

a.       Utility bill dated within the last 30 days  showing your name and current address provided on the application

b.      Existing bank statement reflecting address listed on application – All Pages

I will have to wait until I get my W2 at the end of this month in order to do that, but no biggie. May take a bit longer before I get the card.

Message 15 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No huge roadblocks though. They specified which W2 they wanted i.e. 2016's isn't enough?

Message 16 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

They want the most recent W2. I'm sure that because of income I'm having to submit additional documentation. I don't know if income was lower that they would still want all documentation.

EDIT: They said last years 2016 W2 would be fine.

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even know what to say....I mean that is amazing! My jaw is on the floor!

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RicHowe wrote:

So I've been planning a trip to France and wanted a TRUE Chip + Pin (Online AND Offline) card to make traveling easier.

I've not really wanted to app for another card, but I also wanted to have all my cards age together, so I'm finally DONE! DONE! with app'ing.

Approved: FirstTech Odyseey Rewards World Elite Masterard

APR: 11.99% (Lowest they offer)

SL: $50,000.00

You'll find me in the garden for the rest of my life. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you went with First Tech rather than UNFCU. Congrats!

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang! That is an amazing CL especially starting CL! 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.