Did you mean: 

Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard

Holy guacamole man,

Awesome SL, treat and well and get it to $75k in a year Smiley Happy

This card is added to my must-have list but won't be on my next spree as I'm gonna wanna grow some of the current limits first and try to get a good SL like yourself did. Awesome job with your credit sir!

-Glenn

Message 21 of 37
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I hope you get to keep it. This CU is known to give, then take away.

Message 23 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, for 50k, in suprised they didnt want first born eitherSmiley Happy. Wow, didnt know card goes up to 100k. Thats alot of In BostonsSmiley Wink
Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spit out my drink.....50k. Holy baby Jesus. Congrats 🎉🎈🎊🍾.  Enjoy your trip. As always. Bring me back something. 

Message 25 of 37
Grabiela
New Contributor

Re: Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard Datapoints:   CRA: Pulled Experian only Fico8 Score (as of my last refresh): 735 AAoA: Probably less than 7 years (after this approval) Oldest 2003 (Closed Cap One) - 5 Cards opened over the past 3 months INQs: Experian 4 HPs (last 3 months) No Baddies/Delinquencies/Public Records No more apps again ever (even the new AMEX Marriot card)!  QUESTION.... Amex has a Marriott card? which one
Message 26 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

UPDATE! Okay guys I submitted all the documents and called them up. They confirm they got the documents. Next up, They will review the documentation and review if I can become a member. Afterward, I think they will create me a membership for the CU (essentially setting me up with a share account), then once that happens and all is approved and setup, then they can ship me the card.

Whew! I'm beat! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 37
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Grabiela wrote:
Re: Holy Moly! FirstTech Odyssey Rewards Mastercard Datapoints:   CRA: Pulled Experian only Fico8 Score (as of my last refresh): 735 AAoA: Probably less than 7 years (after this approval) Oldest 2003 (Closed Cap One) - 5 Cards opened over the past 3 months INQs: Experian 4 HPs (last 3 months) No Baddies/Delinquencies/Public Records No more apps again ever (even the new AMEX Marriot card)!  QUESTION.... Amex has a Marriott card? which one

I mean the new one that's coming out this year! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats very nice CL..  First Tech denied me awhile ago for too many new accounts.  They are a very conservative lender and wouldn't work with most people on MF that have many cards/credit.  Spoke to an UW and tried to recon back several months back when I applied and she added up my total credit to income and basically said I would have to shed NFCU and Penfed and I laughed and said your cards aren't worth that much to me Smiley HappyI wanted a PIN/Chip card but UNFCU also offers these and hopefully they aren't as tight and I am well into the 6 figure income and have about 285k in personal credit and owe 500 total on CC's.  They stated they were just scared of how much trouble "i could" get into with that amount of credit which is certainy true.  Anyways wanted the card as well, but wasn't meant to be.  So basically if you have more credit than your income don't even consider applying for this CU is the story or alot of accounts otherwise they are a good CU Smiley Happy

UNFCU has been great for me, they raised the CL not long ago -- currently $85K.  Now, that being said, yes they can be tight to some extent, but it really depends on your profile amongst a few things.  They will ask for POI and some other ancillary information such as personal and professional references but the Elite CC max CL is $100K.  Only UNFCU drawback, one CC per customer, but you can PC if the initial product does not meet your needs.

I held off applying with First Tech (although a great CU) after reading some not so-well received reviews on the after-the-fact effects with their CCs.  But, some individuals have had no issues.  I have too much unsecured credit they'd probably laugh :-P

Message 29 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RicHowe wrote:

So I finally got the verification email...

We are in receipt of your application and want to thank you for your interest in First Tech Federal Credit Union. Your application is being reviewed and at this time in order to move forward, we will need to verify some additional information from you.

1)      Legible color copy of your driver’s license – front and back

2)      Legible color copy of your signed Social Security Card – front and back

3)      Proof of income within 30 days

a.       Paystub and W2 – (front and back of W2)

b.      If self-employed, will need 2 years complete personal and business tax returns. Please include all forms and schedules.

4)      Verification of Address:

a.       Utility bill dated within the last 30 days  showing your name and current address provided on the application

b.      Existing bank statement reflecting address listed on application – All Pages

I will have to wait until I get my W2 at the end of this month in order to do that, but no biggie. May take a bit longer before I get the card.

I'm fairly certain that if you pass all their required validations given what they've asked for you should be fine.  Fingers crossed!!

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.