Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy crap, y'all! Capital One EO - Student Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap, y'all! Capital One EO - Student Journey

So I applied for the Cap One Student Journey last week and got the popular 7-10 days notice. I called immediately for recon and was told they don't do recon for student journey because it was done online only. TOTALLY BUMMED! 3 HP for nothing?? UGH! 

I did some more looking and saw that lots of people had success with the EO. I sent them a detailed email explaining my position and my worthiness. I emphasized that I'd like to get my foot in the door with their great company and that a card for me would be rewarding for the both of us. Smiley Happy I followed up with a phone call the next day and a case was opened. I was told 3-5 days for a decision and to call back within that time frame. I called back twice on day 3 and it was with the underwriters but no decision yet.

I just called again and was told "Great news! You have been approved!" Holy smokes!! $300 limit which for my scores and amount of credit hisstory, I am thrilled with this. Plus no AF on the Journey? Oh yes. 

For reference...

TU 606

EX 608

EQ 632

One medical collections PIF but not sure if updated as PIF. Two charged off loans - one PIF but not sure if updated. One other medical collections that I just found out is incorrectly on my CRs and is in the process of being removed but I don't know if it had been yet. Oldest revolving is Discover It Secured since 11/14. 

YAY!! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Holy crap, y'all! Capital One EO - Student Journey

Congrats on your new CapOne card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Journey is a great starter card from them and is an easy PC to QS Visa after a few months.
Message 3 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied for the Cap One Student Journey last week and got the popular 7-10 days notice. I called immediately for recon and was told they don't do recon for student journey because it was done online only. TOTALLY BUMMED! 3 HP for nothing?? UGH! 

I did some more looking and saw that lots of people had success with the EO. I sent them a detailed email explaining my position and my worthiness. I emphasized that I'd like to get my foot in the door with their great company and that a card for me would be rewarding for the both of us. Smiley Happy I followed up with a phone call the next day and a case was opened. I was told 3-5 days for a decision and to call back within that time frame. I called back twice on day 3 and it was with the underwriters but no decision yet.

I just called again and was told "Great news! You have been approved!" Holy smokes!! $300 limit which for my scores and amount of credit hisstory, I am thrilled with this. Plus no AF on the Journey? Oh yes. 

For reference...

TU 606

EX 608

EQ 632

One medical collections PIF but not sure if updated as PIF. Two charged off loans - one PIF but not sure if updated. One other medical collections that I just found out is incorrectly on my CRs and is in the process of being removed but I don't know if it had been yet. Oldest revolving is Discover It Secured since 11/14. 

YAY!! 

Congratulations on the approval!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Journey is a great starter card from them and is an easy PC to QS Visa after a few months.

Did you just say something nice about Cap One?  hmm.gif

Message 5 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much! I could not have done it without this great community. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww.. Congrats.  That is a start...

Message 8 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the Capital One approval!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Cap1 and a good card!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.