Contributor
clipperskipper

Home Depot (Citi):

I received a nastygram from Home Depot (Citi) the other day, indicating that they were going to lower my credit limit from $12,000, to $2000, if I didn't use my card. I went to HD yesterday, and charged a gallon of paint that I needed in order to complete a home remodel. It's only $25 bucks, however it shows use?

Contributor
Elcid89

Re: Home Depot (Citi):

clipperskipper wrote:

I received a nastygram from Home Depot (Citi) the other day, indicating that they were going to lower my credit limit from $12,000, to $2000, if I didn't use my card. I went to HD yesterday, and charged a gallon of paint that I needed in order to complete a home remodel. It's only $25 bucks, however it shows use?

LOL, go buy a lawn tractor and then return it :smileyhappy:

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

clipperskipper wrote:

I don't think it matters the amount.    How long has it been since your previous use?   I have a very nice CL $7K which I don't want reduced either.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

clipperskipper wrote:

Back long ago I got one of these letters on the Business card... I went over to the store and bought a 12 pack of Bounty.  When I received my statement for the $14 or so dollars it also said Congradulations for being such a good customer we are increasing your credit line from $5000 to $7500.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}