Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot (Citi):

tag
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Home Depot (Citi):

I received a nastygram from Home Depot (Citi) the other day, indicating that they were going to lower my credit limit from $12,000, to $2000, if I didn't use my card. I went to HD yesterday, and charged a gallon of paint that I needed in order to complete a home remodel. It's only $25 bucks, however it shows use?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Home Depot (Citi):

@clipperskipper wrote:

I received a nastygram from Home Depot (Citi) the other day, indicating that they were going to lower my credit limit from $12,000, to $2000, if I didn't use my card. I went to HD yesterday, and charged a gallon of paint that I needed in order to complete a home remodel. It's only $25 bucks, however it shows use?

LOL, go buy a lawn tractor and then return it Smiley Happy

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@clipperskipper wrote:

I don't think it matters the amount.    How long has it been since your previous use?   I have a very nice CL $7K which I don't want reduced either.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@clipperskipper wrote:

Back long ago I got one of these letters on the Business card... I went over to the store and bought a 12 pack of Bounty.  When I received my statement for the $14 or so dollars it also said Congradulations for being such a good customer we are increasing your credit line from $5000 to $7500.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.