Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot HUGE CLI!!!

tag
John02
New Contributor

Home Depot HUGE CLI!!!

I just called the number on the back of the card to request a CLI on my Home Depot Card and got some pretty good results. I actually called twice.

The first time I asked for an increase of $3,000 and was approved which bumped my limit from $7,800 to $10,800. I was pretty happy about that but..

Then...I read some stories on the forums about some pretty good increases and decided to call back and request a total limit of $15k. The guy came back and not only approved that but gave me $20,514!!! That makes this my newest highest CL by over $8k!

So for both combined that ended up being an increase of $12,714 or 2.63x! Smiley Happy

The backstory/more info on why I called:

I had gotten some relatively frequent  auto-CLI increases in the past but hadn't gotten one for a while. So I kept checking the request a credit line increase link and it kept coming up with the form where on page 2 it says something like "you request Citi to obtain a copy of your credit report" and so I would cancel out. Well, then I learned from the forums that sometimes out of nowhere when you log in it will ask you for your income information to "verify how much spending power you need" or something along those lines, and then afterwards people had success in getting CLI's.

Well the other day I got that message so was hopeful that I'd finally get another auto-CLI. My statement date came and went and nothing. I checked the request an increase link and still the same message.

So tonight I decided to call the number on the back of the card (tried the recon number first but they had just closed) and request an increase. However, I'm in the garden so just looking for soft pulls. I asked the analyst more than once if it would be a soft pull and he reassured me it would be, and said they would just look at a report they had on file (looking back I wonder if they recently SP'd me and that's why the request for income message came up the other day). So he asks how much of an increase and that's when I get the $3k increase.

However, when I call back, I get a different analyst who says it will be a HP. I mention what the first guy had said and he thought they might have been mistaken, but then he said something along the lines that I could call up Equifax (good to know who they're pulling for me here in IL) and see if it was a HP or not. He did however say if they had a recent pull from my last call they would just use it, so I figure even if it did pull a HP the first time (which I'm thinking/hoping it may not have) that it should just use the last pull for this CLI request. So that's when I request $15k total. Then he comes back and says I got the $20,514..I had to ask twice just to make sure I heard it right! Haha

So I'm not completely sure yet if I got all that with just SP, one HP, or two HP. The good thing is if it was a Equifax HP that's the one I had the least inquiries on before so if I had to get one, it'd be there...but still holding out hope there were no HP Smiley Happy Does anyone know how long I would have to wait to be alerted by MyFico of an EQ HP?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Home Depot HUGE CLI!!!

1 HP
Let this be a lesson for others too... Ask for $25k and they can counter the amount!

Congrats
Message 2 of 7
John02
New Contributor

Do you think there's any possibility they had a report on file they could have used instead of a HP? Based on the timing of the income verification question?

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh just re read everything.... Possibly maybe, citi seems to be a bit of guessing game like with macys also!
Message 4 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Most HD cardholders have had success when requesting more than provided congrats!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome increase!  Congrats OP!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
John02
New Contributor

Thanks!

So far no HP have shown up so I'm hoping it was just a SP. To look for HP, I refreshed freecreditreport for EX, no new alerts on MyFico for EQ, and refreshed CK for TU, nothing there. The weird thing is though I'm not sure I always get my alerts for MyFico. All of my alerts say, "Currently monitoring, no activity found yet" but I know I've had some changes that should have triggered some. The only alerts so far I've gotten have been score alerts. Anyone else have any problems with that or have a resolution for it?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.