Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home depot CLI!

Last year around April I received ano offer to open up a home depot card. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of store specific cards, but I do shop there and new ideas have to make a major appliance purchase soon so I decided to pull the trigger and apply. Approved for 4000. Not bad. I figure I'll wait for a 0% deal and make my purchase.

A couple of days ago I make my last payment and I sit there looking at the option to request and increase. I figure it couldn't hurt to try. They ask how much I want to increase it by. I decide to go for broke and put in my amount.

Approved instantly! 6k increase to 10k spending limit. Considering how fast they accepted I can't help but wonder if I left money on the table, but I won't complain. This will help with some updates we want to do in the future.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home depot CLI!

Congrats! Just in time for Spring!

Message 2 of 10
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cli, but sadly you left  money on the citi table

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI!  Do you know if they did a hard pull on your credit report?  This was just discussed in another thread regarding hard or soft  pulls by various lenders.  I've been thinking about asking HD for an increase as well.  Trying to avoid inquiries.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peg- I was afraid of that. Oh well. Live and learn.

Hale- I checked my scores and they haven't gone down, so I'm guessing it was a SP.
Message 5 of 10
washpadude
Regular Contributor

I just read that Citi is six months for CLI, so decided to try my Home Depot card. Went from 3k to 5k instantly which is what I requested. No credit alerts yet, probably a SP.

Opened online in August '16, 500 SL. Immediately called and requested 3k. Requested 10k in October, 20 minute interrogation by CSR, denied with no counter.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 6 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 10
washpadude
Regular Contributor

@washpadude wrote:
I just read that Citi is six months for CLI, so decided to try my Home Depot card. Went from 3k to 5k instantly which is what I requested. No credit alerts yet, probably a SP.

Opened online in August '16, 500 SL. Immediately called and requested 3k. Requested 10k in October, 20 minute interrogation by CSR, denied with no counter.

HP showed up a few days later. CCT monitoring is SLOW! Should have asked for more. Oh well, live and learn.

BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I received an offer last year and didn't apply for it then. Was shopping at HD a few days and they offered me $75 off if I was approved for the CC. I went for it and have now added another store card that will get some use.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.