Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Find Discover It Limit?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

How To Find Discover It Limit?

Always get offers from discover lately and throw them away...

but I got an offer for 14 months no interest with 12.99% after that which is light years better than any other cards I have (22-26%) plus it's got good rewards.

Plan was to get the IT card and can the capital one with the monthly fee and low limit.

I apped and got it instantly approved but it gave me no limit...? I never got a confirm email either?

I did notice on the final page where it lists the text alerts you can turn on while setting up your username, that it had one that said "Alert if balance exceeds $5400".

Could that be it? Seems like a random number thrown in to a bunch of random other alert options to toggle on and off?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Al209

Re: How To Find Discover It Limit?

When I applied for the Student Discover IT card back in July, I didn't recieve anything for a while from Discover either, until they had my online account set up.

The credit limit should be clearly listed with the balance on the main screen once you get your account set up.  Mine says "Credit Line Available $XXXX of $XXXX"

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 30
shane82388
Established Contributor

How long did it take to set up?

Message 3 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

How long did it take to set up?

24-48 hours they will send you an email when its ready

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 30
shane82388
Established Contributor

Here is a screenshot of the page i saw the "$5400" number on...just for reference.

discoverapproval.png

Message 5 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations. You can call them in a few hours and they will tell you your terms. 

Message 6 of 30
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 30
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

That balance alert number is usually $100 less than your limit. So you probably got $5500.

Nice work!
Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 30
jropeter
New Contributor

The same exact thing happened to me at the beginning of this week when I was approved. I called customer service, and they were able to tell me what my credit limit was. You will also be able to see your credit limit once your online access is established in a few days. 

Congrats on the approval, and the free FICO TU score that will show on your statements each month!

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 30
shane82388
Established Contributor

@jropeter wrote:

The same exact thing happened to me at the beginning of this week when I was approved. I called customer service, and they were able to tell me what my credit limit was. You will also be able to see your credit limit once your online access is established in a few days. 

Congrats on the approval, and the free FICO TU score that will show on your statements each month!

Wow, if I really got a $5500 limit ill be extremely happy!

Also, the free FICO score is another AWESOME perk.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.